CHAPTER EIGHT

~Dylan's POV~

"Luna! Luna Dylan!" A small girl with a French accent called out to me. She had her blonde hair in a braid and she was wearing a white dress with news and sunflowers on it.

"Hey, cutie. I like your dress." I complimented her.

"Viens avec moi! Je veut de ton aide! (Come with me! I need your help!)" The little girl called out in French.

"Je viens. (I'm coming.)" I answered the small child as I followed her.

"What's your name?" I asked her.

"Adelene." She answered me confidently with her accent shining through.

"Adelene. C'est une nomme jolie. (That's a pretty name.)" I told her as I followed her down a small path.

"How do you know French luna?" She asked me.

"Well, my parents spoke it with me up until they died. And half of my old pack was French-speaking because we moved from Quebec. And after that, I just personally wanted to keep the language alive, for myself." I explained.

"C'est interessant. Est-ce-que Violet sais que tu parle le français? (That's interesting. Does Violet know that you speak French?) Adelene asked me.

"No. She doesn't. No one does. Well, other than you." I smiled.

"So it's a secret?!" She asked as her fave beamed with joy.

I leaned down to her height and whispered into her ear, "mais oui. Just keep the secret. (Well yeah.)"

"Yay!" She jumped up and down excitedly.

"Adelene, can you tell me where we're going exactly?" I asked her.

"To the orphanage silly! To be honest, they didn't even know I left." She skipped ahead of me as she said that.

"This pack has its own orphanage?" I asked her to make sure I heard correctly.

"Mhm," she nodded her head. "We're almost there. We only have one worker there and 10 kids so she's always busy."

"If you don't mind me asking, how did you get put in our pack. Your French is so good, and you look no older than four years old."

"I was here since I was 2 I believe. I am four now. My family came here from Quebec too. I don't know much. I think rogues got to them and I survived. Someone must have found me, I guess." She explained to me like it was no big deal.

"Do you like it here?" I asked Adelene.

"I guess. No one here speaks French and I get bored easily. The other kids are either too old or too little for me to play with. And Cindy, the worker, kind of forgets I'm even there sometimes." She sighed.

"Hm," I pressed my lips together in a thin line.

"Nous sommes ici! (Were here!)." Adelene said excitedly.

The building that was in front of me was a medium-sized house. The paint on the outside was chipping, the roof looked to be in horrible condition and the overall house condition didn't seem good.

"Do you share a room with anyone?" I asked her as we walked up the creaky porch steps.

"Oui. Son nomme est Adan. Il est huit ans. (Yes. His name is Adan. He is eight years old.)" She replied.

I knocked on the door to the orphanage and it was quickly opened by a teen boy, who looked no older than 14. He had caramel coloured skin, green eyes and long shaggy brown hair.