Chapter 5 (Becca)

THANK YOU FOR READING! I'd love for you guys to vote but it already means so much to me that you're even taking time out of your lives to read this. This book may not be top notch... yet, but it is/was extremely fun to write! As I always say, edits are always being made until one day, maybe I'll be satisfied with what I've created. But honestly, there's always room for imporvement. That's where your feedback comes in. Thank you all, xxx Mona 

        “Hey Bec, can you meet me at the library I need to pick a book to write an essay on and I seriously need help. Could you call back when you get this? Thanks.” After deleting the voicemail, I called him back. “Hey Jules what’s up?” “I am so glad you called, okay so like I said I need major help.” I laughed a bit and said “Why is it so hard to pick out a book? It’s not like you’ve never read a book before.” I heard him sigh on the other side of the phone. “Well we all know you are the book lover here. I bet you’ve read the entire Young Adult section of the library.” I rolled my eyes; even though he couldn’t see me. “Okay first of all, I have not read the entire YA section of the library. Have you seen the size of our library! It’s one of the biggest libraries in town! Second of all, fine I’ll help you; on one condition.” He sighed once again and said “What.” I smiled and said “You have to buy me a coffee.” He grunted in disapproval but said “Fine, meet me at the Starbucks near the library.” I grinned and said “See ya!”

.          .          .

            “Jules!” I walked through the doors of Starbucks and spotted Jules sitting at a table with his phone is his hand and two coffees on the table. I sat down on the chair across from him and he looked up from his phone and smiled. “Well look who finally showed up. I almost thought that you ditched to go shopping; without me!” I laughed and said, “Shopping? Without you? That obviously never happens.” We both laughed considering Jules absolutely hates it when I drag him along to go shopping. I sat down at the seat across from him and he asked “What took you so long anyways?” “Well I had to get ready, I mean,” I stood up and spun a little. Giggling I said “-it doesn’t take a minute to look this good.” I said showing off my light turquoise pumps, high wasted shorts and pink, black and blue laced floral tank top. “Are you kidding? I could wear that look ten times better then you and it would only take me like two minutes to get ready.” I laughed again and said “Is that a challenge?” He responded with “I guess this is a new episode of Who Wore It Better.” I laughed again and he said “Okay we all know I’d win that challenge so let’s get down to business. I need a book for my project and your the first person I came to because you read like; ten books a day." He smiled as he handed me my Latte. “First of all, I would win that challenge for sure, and I only read like... 5 books a day.” I winked sarcastically. “Whatever, let’s go, the library won’t stay open forever.” I took a sip of my drink and headed out the door with Jules right by my side.

.          .          .

            “I found it!” Jules rushed to my side and took the book that I had in my hands. “Seriously Becca, I am not reading this.” “What! But Elixir is such a great book! It’s by Hilary Duff. You know her right?” “Yeah, she’s hot; but I thought she was an actor.” I rolled my eyes and said “She’s a singer, actor AND author. It’s her first book but it is really good!” “Just answer me one question.” Jules said. I nodded and he continued “Will I actually like this book or are you trying to get me to read yet again a favourite book of yours.” I looked down at the book then back at him. “Fine, then what kind of book are you looking for?” I asked. “Well the teachers only said a book of your choice.” He replied. “So what about-” I looked around the shelves in the young adult section.  “AHA! What about this book? It’s called Hush Hush and it’s by Rebecca Fitzpatrick.” I showed him the book and he took it to read what it was about. He sighed and said “But this is a love story, it’s so girly Bec.” “Boys like love stories too!” I defended. He shook his head in disagreement. I sighed in defeat saying “Fine. Maybe it is the slightest bit not for you but by the way, Patch is hot.” He laughed and raised a brow. “That is so random.” I gave a light laugh and so did he.

            After one long hour I finally found the perfect book for his project. I grabbed the book off of the shelf and turn to him in excitement. “Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger. It’s even from a guys point of view. The plot is brilliant, you have to love it; I did.” He took the book from hands and observed it. “What’s it about.” “Well, it’s basically about this guy who lost all his memories from before when he was only seven but in the book he’s a teenager. He finds out that he isn’t human and that he has a guardian who is the same species as him. They are called Wind Walkers. Basically their true forms are made of wind; so they’re the element of wind like how we are elements of earth. He has to train for stuff, fights happen and the ending is so cute. I don’t want to give away anymore more details or I’ll spoil the entire book. But I promise, even though it sounds a tad girly, it’s a really good book. Just read it!” He took another glance at the short promo inside the book and said “I guess I’ll give it a try, but if I don’t like it you have to help me find another.” I gave a sigh and laugh of relief and said “Finally we found a book! My legs were starting to numb from all that standing.” We packed our stuff and headed out of the library door. “Thanks for the help Bec, I’m not sure if I’ll like the book but I at least this was fun, so it's a win win.” “I promise the book is great.” I replied. He gave a smile and said “I’ll trust you on this, but if this book is boring or if I fail the project, it’s on you.” “What? I’ll take blame for the book but not your grade!” I said and gave him a hard stare before I broke out laughing. “Okay well, bye! See you tomorrow, and don’t forget we have exams next week!” I yelled to Jules we parted. He waved back in response and headed towards his car and I went to mine. I unlocked the door to my car when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around thinking it was Jules but instead I came face to face with a gorgeous stranger.