Part Five

Arabelle Warren

Saoirse's home was very her. It was the only way I could think to describe it.

​It was a bungalow and very modern from the outside, the colouring a soft brown with black rimming all around it. It was located on a lone road outside of town, lush forest on both sides of said road. She was being honest when she said her backyard was all forest. It was beautiful. The forests of Oregon were much different than those of Kauai, and the air was brisk and cold.

​I loved it.

​After insisting she take care of my luggage for me, she carried everything towards her front door, unlocking it easily. I'd sent her scowls with every step, but she only laughed her melodic laugh and disappeared into the house, me following closely behind her.

​The interior of the home was even more impressive than the exterior. Her entire home was very open concept, and I loved it. Once you stepped inside, there was a half wall to the right, showing off her impressive living room. Her walls were a deep beige in colour, with stone going all the way up where her fireplace stood proudly. The entire large space had a cathedral ceiling, the ceiling itself impressive in height.

​Turning to my left, I took in the kitchen. The backdrop was the same stone as the fireplace, the cupboards all mahogany, and the island a sparkling white, as were the counters. The island had four stools on the opposing side, all the mahogany as the cupboards.

​The back wall of the home was entirely made of glass, a sliding glass door in the centre. I noticed thick beige drapes on either side of the wall, and I assumed she closed them from time to time. The far back corner held a small wooden dining-room table, and against that wall was a piano. Across the room, to the right of the table and to the left of the living area was a wide hallway, with white doors on either side.

​The lighting in the home was dim, but it created a homey and comfortable aroma. It was late in the evening now, but I knew the windows cast quite some light into the space, both from the back wall and the two windows on either side of the fireplace, though they were covered by beige drapes, the same style as the ones in the back of the house.

​"Wow," I breathed, "your home is beautiful."

​"It's our home now, my love," my breathtaking mate replied from her standing position in the middle of the room, my suitcases on either side of her. I was too in awe to send her another scowl. "Follow me, I'll show you the rooms down the hallway and we can put your things in the bedroom."

​I kicked off my shoes and followed her through the house. She motioned toward the closed white door, the first one on the left. "That's the main bathroom," she told me, and continued walking forward. There was a thin white door beside it, which she told me was just a closet for towels and such. The third and final door on the left was the bedroom, the door across from that one was a second bedroom, and the first door on the right side of the hallway was her study, which she promised to show me.

​Her – our – bedroom was almost more impressive than the main area of the house. The floors were the same hardwood throughout the house, and the walls were the same warm beige. Directly ahead were large windows allowing me to see the forest on the opposing side. Her bed, what looked to be a Queen, was made and a forest green in colour. She had bedside tables on either side, and a dresser on the opposing side of the room, with a tv mantled on the wall.

​There was one door directly to my left, and when Saoirse opened it, I noticed it was a walk-in closet, a bathroom at the opposing end, equally as opulent as the rest of the house.

​I turned to gape at my mate. "It's gorgeous."

​"I'm very glad you like it," she replied, flashing me her dazzling smile. "I will show you the study and then I will make you dinner while you unpack your things, if you'd like? Half the walk-in is yours and I had the top two drawers of the dresser emptied for you, as well."