Part Twenty One

A few things before you read!

1) I've planned out every chapter from here on out. There will be FIFTY chapters of Eternally Hers with an Epilogue making it FIFTY-ONE.

2) ​Things will be speeding up from here! I know this story was a relatively slow burn, but not for no reason! The next twenty chapters are going to be a lot crazier than the previous twenty, believe me!

3) This chapter was necessary, but very short. Know that there are good things to come.

Enjoy!

Arabelle Warren

"Wow," Jamie uttered, "I've never seen an Institute before. This is so... old?"

​"They all look like this," I told her, glancing up at the building. All Institutes looked like old castles; the architecture so vastly different from the modern build. It was a grey in colour, standing tall and looming as opposing to the rest of the Portland buildings surrounding it. It stood out and definitely caught the interest of humans, but they weren't allowed inside as far as I was aware.

​"Doesn't this stand out?" Jamie asked, still leaning over Dot to look up at the building.

​"Of course," Saoirse replied, flicking on her turning signal to turn down the side of the building and through the gates. The back was very hidden, surrounded by a set of grey gates, the same colour as the building itself. "Humans think it is some business building that is set up inside such ancient architecture. There are guards inside that stop humans from entering."

​"Same thing with the Honolulu Institute," I added, "and I'm sure every other Institute around the world. They're highly protected."

​When we got to the back of the building there were two guards standing by the doors. One looked up with a stoic expression and made his way around the car to Saoirse's window. She rolled it down. "Name?"

​"Kane, I'm here with Warren."

​He nodded, waving us forward to park close to another set of doors. She rolled her window back up and drove to that spot before she parked and turned off the car. She stepped out first and we all followed behind her.

​Another two guards came out of the second set of doors, rolling what looked like a less elegant casket with them. I looked away, not caring to see it or watch them put Macy's body in it.

​"We will deal with the body," the guard that had come up to Saoirse said. "Follow me."

​My mate gripped my hand in hers and followed behind him. The others followed behind us. We passed by the second guard, who spared us no glance, and through the doors.

​I was not at all unfamiliar with the setup of an Institute. I'd gone many times with my mom while she did business, or to train with her, or just to go when I needed to get out of the house. I'd also been inside the Toronto Institute a few times, so the interior of the Portland one was of no surprise to me. They all looked the same.

​Jamie, on the other hand, had clearly never been inside one before, because the moment we stepped in, she wolf whistled loudly. "Sheesh, talk about extra," she snickered, "this shit looks like Hogwarts."

​"Do you ever shut up?" I heard Dot mutter from behind me.

​"Only when you make me," Jamie purred back.

​"Shut up!" The witch grit in response. "Do you not know how to be professional at all?"

​"Not really," my friend chuckled.