Chapter Nine

° MINA °

Just a few moments ago, Rain was busy being frustrated while murmuring about how guys in this generation had become a turmoil, and quite revolting

Just a few moments ago, Rain was busy being frustrated while murmuring about how guys in this generation had become a turmoil, and quite revolting. He was not wrong though, but seeing him so frustrated about it made my lips curve into a smile, and I couldn't help but ought to agree to his rants by saying it out loud.

Now, the quietness began. It wasn't comforting, but it surely wasn't bothersome either. Maybe he was expecting me to say something, or maybe he just wanted me to have time to instill tranquility in my mind. But I was already calm and relaxed, all thanks because of him (and his hilarious rants against his own kind). Though to be very honest, I could say he was different from other the men I'd known.

I glanced at him, saw him twirling his keys, and thought it was. . . cool? But then, he looked at me straight into the eyes. Mine was only supposed to be a simple glimpse, but I was so lost in his gaze that I might have thought I was put in this trance or whatsoever. No one had stared at me like that, and maybe that was why I began to feel my cheeks heating up, eventually giving them a light blush. I couldn't see it, but for sure my face was burning by then, like tomatoes seared in a hot pan.

He chuckled, then stood up, grabbing his keys. Out of the blue, I had the courage to avoid the distraction and ask him where he was going. "Are you leaving me here? I'll be bored alone in a house I'm not used to live in."

"Oh, then try to stay in this house for a week, you can sleep in the guest room." He smiled. The kind of smile that can have someone's heart beating rapidly, just like mine right now, I thought. I glared at him lazily, not really feeling the spirit to joke around.  "Hey, I'm kidding. I told you I'm going to treat you today. What do you want, ice cream or what?"

My frown disappeared in an instant, yet I managed to roll my eyes at him, although I was trying to contain my growing smile.

"Ha! I saw that."

"Saw what?" I cocked my eyebrow at him, raising my chin up.

"You seemed a little excited just now, huh, don't lie to me." His smile broke into a radiant grin, and as always when he did, his eyes became smaller. I found it very cute, goodness, and the way his cheeks puffed. I bit my inner lips, but my eyes were denying me. "Tsk, you don't seem like a good liar. Nice try, Jane."

"That's because lying was never my kind of choice!" I stuck out my tongue at him. His eyes widened immediately as a reaction, almost like he never expected I'd do that. "You, you're really kind of like the liar here, aren't you sir?"

"Excuse me— well, maybe you're right, who knows? I may be a big liar here.  If I am a liar, then I'd say you're so ugly." For a second my heart dropped in embarrassment and pain at the same time. But for the love of the Lord, how could I be so dumb? I'd mistaken a heart-fluttering compliment for an insult!