Prologue

"What's wrong with her?" Her mother questioned the doctor as he pressed the stethoscope to her daughter's chest.

"Well... nothing, ma'am." He said, finally pulling his instrument away.

"Then how do you explain that-" she paused and eyed her equally confused husband, "That thing that happened..." She whispered.

"Well... are you sure your daughter was the cause of your power outage?" He questioned them again, struggling to speak past his thick German accent.

"Yes!!" Her mother exclaimed, before the father put his hand before her.

"It happens whenever she throws a tantrum... at first, we thought it was... a coincidence... but it just kept happening. Every time she screams, all of the lights in our house- boom!" He explained. The doctor seemed shocked, but mostly thoughtful.

"Well... there's not much I can do to explain this... let alone treat it... but to keep her from, erh... screaming, again... I do know about a program for emotionally unstable children." The man walked across the room and went through his drawer. He pulled out a card and handed it to her mother.

"Call this facility in the next twenty four hours. It's a directional behavior institute. They should be able to correct her outbursts." He told them. Her mother looked down at her daughter with a look of judgement. Y/n frowned, letting her head fall as she stared back at her.

"What an incredibly flawed child..." She mumbled. Y/n was only four years old, but her mother's words stung like a freshly cut wound. Her father took her by the hand and lead her out of the doctor's office.

~•Three Years Later•~

Y/n bounced down the halls of her huge house in her big, fluffy, pretty-pink princess tutu. She wandered into the kitchen where her full-time nanny, as usual, was making a new batch of cookies.

"Hello, darling!" She sang in her gorgeous German accent when she saw the young girl tumble in.

"Hi, Ariel!" She chimed, coming nearer to her warm, familiar face.

"You're just in time! How many cookies would you like?" She questioned the child. Y/n eyed the tray, which was full of nearly a dozen chocolate chip delights.

"All of them!!" She cheered, making the older woman laugh.

"Of course, my dear!" She said, handing her three to start off with.

By the end of the day, the tray was empty. Y/n was playing with her dolls in the living room as her mother entered the door. She paused in her tracks, looking down at the crumbs on her daughter's face in disarray. She suddenly stormed into the dining room.

"Ariel, what did I tell you!?" She shrieked, snapping Y/n from her focus as worry flooded over her. She heard her Nanny's indistinct English stuttering from the other room.

"Enough, enough!! How many of those things did you feed her?! Look at her!!" Her mother came back and snatched Y/n by the wrist, yanking her to her feet.

"Diana... it's just baby fat, dear..."

"You call this baby fat?! Ariel, this is childhood obesity!! You've got her stuffed like a starving pig!! Look at this!" She pinched the fat under Y/n's arms, "Look at this!!" She lifted her dress and pinched the fat on her stomach.