Chapter Seven

Spending the night indoors was the easy part. Spending it with Cartman made it six times harder, though. Especially whenever one of the boys decided to talk about the party. Stan and Kyle eventually made an agreement not to mention it around him.

"Do you think Kenny's okay?" Kyle questioned as he looked out the dark window into the starry sky.

"I don't know..." Stan shrugged as he stared at the loading screen on his computer, "Yeah, he's probably fine."

"Nope. He's dead. Just like you guys will be tomorrow." Cartman said condescendingly, making them both sigh.

"Well, at least we can hope that he's keeping his money safe." Kyle said.

"What money?" Cartman perked up. Kyle immediately regretted his words.

"Uhh... the forty dollars he won gambling today. He's saving up for a house, remember?" He lied. Cartman squinted at him with suspicion.

"What about the ring? He didn't sell it?" Cartman questioned.

"Oh... uhh..." Kyle began.

"Nah. Turns out it was a bust. He only got like two hundred bucks out of it." Stan said casually, searching something up on YouTube.

"Hmm..." Cartman looked between them with suspicion. Kyle yawned.

"Maybe we should get to bed?" Kyle suggested with a yawn.

"Are you kidding? We have to keep look out! Do you know how easy it would be for Trent to break into this house and break my skull?! I-I mean our skull??" Cartman exclaimed.

"He is not going to break into my house, dumbass." Stan glared at him.

"You don't know that! He's been in juvenile hall his whole life! He's probably ready to kill one of us!!" He said.

"Just go to bed, Kyle." Stan sighed. Kyle gave Cartman one last glare before stealing a blanket and passing out on the floor.

The next morning he was bouncing in his seat at the breakfast table.

"Morning, boys." Sharon greeted them, placing a plate of eggs and bacon in front of each of them.

"Jeez, Kyle, calm down. You've been up since six and her party doesn't even start until three." Stan reminded him as he scarfed his breakfast.

"I-I know that?" He swallowed, "But hey! Maybe we can show up early! She said we could come at any time."

"Ugh..." Stan rolled his eyes. "I don't know, dude."

"There you go again with this stupid idea of leaving the house." Cartman said, tumbling his fat, lardy ass into the kitchen.

"Oh god..." Kyle sighed.

"You know, it's almost like you want to die." He griped.

"At this point, you're making it easier to decide." Stan shot at him.

"Okay, so if Trent really does show up to the party, looking for you guys, what do you plan on doing?" Cartman queried. The two of them looked at each other.

"Um... I guess we'd try to solve it peacefully?" Kyle shrugged, making him cackle.

"Peacefully?? So lemme get this straight... you're just gonna get on your knees and pray for his mercy?" He asked.

"That's... not what I said." Kyle grumbled.

"Well that might as well be what you said! You know Trent Boyette isn't planning on writing a mother fuckin' peace treaty." Cartman grinned.