Chapter Twelve

Y/n wiped her eyes as she walked around town, avoiding home at all costs. She tried to stop the crying, but every time she thought she had calmed down, another guilty thought entered her mind, and she began to hiccup again with black-coated mascara tears. She couldn't stop thinking about how angry she had made Trent, until her phone started to buzz in her coat pocket. She looked at the screen. It was Bebe.

"Hello..?" She answered shakily as she tried to reel in her emotions for a second.

"Hello?? Y/n?! Are you okay?! Where are you?!" She answered urgently.

"I-I'm... fine.." She answered with a small cry and a sniffle.

"Oh my god! Are you crying?! I can't believe him! We were all having such a good time, you told him a million times why you weren't going to date him, I CANNOT believe him- he's such a-" Y/n held her breath as she heard Wendy say something to her on the other end.

"Y/n?" Wendy had taken the phone from the uncontrollable whirlwind of Bebe's emotional grasp.

"Hey, Wendy..." She answered, sitting on a bench that she had walked upon.

"Hey, are you okay sweetie?" She asked softly.

"Yeah... I mean... I don't know..." Y/n told her with a sniffle.

"It's gonna be okay, Y/n. Don't feel sorry for him. He was way out of line." She told her reassuringly.

"Yeah... I just don't understand why he got so upset. I really wanted to take things slow. We've only been talking and hanging out for a week. I-I kinda thought he understood that." She trembled, although she was starting to feel a little better, being comforted by her sweet friend.

"Yeah, I know. It sucks. Boys suck. I've been thinking about how I've been treating Stan. Maybe I was wrong for being so two-faced. It's not my fault I can't make up my mind, it's just how I am! You understand, right? I get why he wants to move on, but it doesn't make it right that he's trying to make me jealous! He's being such a dick about it!" She said before sighing.

"Sorry. I'm making this about me. But my point is, men are just stupid!! We've been hanging out with Trent so much lately, we hardly get girl time anymore anyway." She said.

"Yeah. Maybe we should just focus on ourselves for a while. Chicks before dicks." Y/n said, quoting one of Bebe's most famous catch phrases.

"Yeah." Wendy laughed, "Let's have a sleepover at my house tonight. We can do our nails and rewatch Stranger Things? Maybe we can go see that movie tomorrow, that Nicole's been going on about."

"I'd love that." Y/n sniffled.

"Great. Meet us at my house then. Love you, girl!" Wendy told her.

"Love you too." Y/n said before hanging up the phone. At least she had amazing friends. And going to her house to rant about it made the night that much better. The best part was, she didn't have to go back home and face her parents again.

"I'm so excited for this movie!! Do you have any idea how many times I've watched the trailer?!" Nicole exclaimed as they walked into the theatre.

"Yes, Nicole, we get it. Zac Efron is the hottest guy you've ever seen besides Token." Bebe rolled her eyes with a smile.

"You guys want popcorn? My treat." Y/n smiled, pulling out her wallet from her purse.

"Don't be silly, we all stuffed dollar-store candy in our bags." Red whispered, making the other girls giggle.

"Well, you can't fit a bag of popcorn in there, can you?" Y/n grinned, walking up to pay for three big bags to share. She started handing them out when she noticed a familiar someone gawking at her from across the room.