Chapter Four

Kyle panted as he sprinted across the street from their driveway.

"Oh, thank god, dude!" Stan whispered as he grabbed his friends shoulders, "I thought you were caught!!"

"Hey... yeah... I got out of there... I don't know how but... I did..." He spoke between each breath.

"You swear no one saw you Kahl? You SWEAR on it!?" Cartman questioned him, getting up in his face.

"Uhh! Yeah! I swear!" Kyle stuttered, realizing as he said it that it was a total lie.

"Good. Last thing we need is the police getting called. What did you guys find?" Kenny questioned.

"I didn't really find much..." Stan sighed, "Except for this priceless diamond ring which was just chilling in a cup of water." He smirked, pulling a ring out of his pocket. Kenny's poverty-stricken little eyes started to sparkle almost as brilliantly as the 24 carat ring between his friend's fingers.

"Woah! Where did you find thi-" Cartman reached for it, but he was quickly cut from Kenny elbowing him in the chin.

"...Where did you find this?" Kenny asked as Stan carefully placed the treasure into the palm of his hand.

"It was just on some vanity in this big room. Actually, there was a lot of different jewelry in there. And some clothes and make up and stuff. But I saw that ring and thought it would be worth a lot. I didn't feel comfortable taking anything else." Stan shrugged.

"You're a good man, Stan. A better man than me." Kenny nodded towards him as he stuffed the ring securely into his inner coat pocket

"Yeah. If Kenny or Kyle found that room, they would've taken everything they saw. Jews and poor people can't resist jewels. " Cartman smiled.

"Ain't that the truth." Kenny shook his head.

"Cartman..." Kyle sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"What did you find, Kyle?" Kenny looked at him.

"Uhh... not much... really." He lifted his stuffy back pack, "I mostly just raided their kitchen. There wasn't many good snacks. Mostly fruits and vegeta-"

"Food? Are you serious?!" Kenny snatched the bag away from him and went through it.

"Holy shit! They have broccoli? Like fresh broccoli?? Avocados?? Grapes? Apples! What the hell is this?!" Kenny questioned with excitement as he held up another fruit.

"Uh... I think that's a pomegranate." Kyle chuckled.

"Holy shit!! I've never even heard of that!! This will feed my family for a week! Thank you Kyle, this is the best!!" He got up and hugged him.

"Oh! Uhh... I'm really glad you appreciate it!" He laughed, hugging his friend back.

"Well geez, that food's not even good." Cartman rolled his eyes.

"Only because you've never eaten a vegetable in your life, fatass." Stan glared at him.

"Well neither has Kenny, apparently." Cartman gestured to him.

"My family can barely afford a box of pop tarts before we lost the house! Let alone fresh produce! And this ring has to be worth thousands! This is the best day ever! I don't even think we even needed the file!" Kenny laughed.

"Wait... what was on the file...?" Kyle questioned him.

"Well... we didn't actually find anything. Cartman hacked into the computer system and erased all of the camera footage of us... we couldn't figure out anything about my house though. Or any of his business stuff, for that matter. But uh... then I suggested we check out his search history..." Kenny said, pulling the file out from inside of his parka.