20 - Comforting You (Devin)

Devin -
You didn't want to tell Devin the hate was getting to you. Ever since he told everyone that night about you two, some of the fans respected his decision, where as a few others didn't. You constantly got hate messages on your DMs on Instagram and you started to spend less and less time on Instagram because of that. Whenever you would post something, the comments would be filled of hate, and some of the fans would tell you to kill yourself.

Of course you didn't want Devin knowing what his fans were saying, so you would delete the comments. One night, you forgot to charge your phone and you left it sitting on the mini table you and Devin keep. When you woke up the next morning, Devin made you breakfast and after you were done, he gave your phone back.

"Oh." Was all you could say as he handed your phone back.
"Y/N..." He said gently. "I saw the messages and comments. And I-I know you don't like me logging into your Instagram or anything for this matter, but...I saw notifications, and they seemed pretty bad, so I decided to check on them. Y/N, why didn't you tell me?"

You didn't know what to say. He knows you don't like him checking your messages but this was for a good cause. You didn't know how to explain. You felt so many different emotions in that second and finally, you broke down.

"I-I don't know what I did, Dev." You say, hardly managing to talk yet alone breathe. "It's been happening for quite a while, and I didn't want you seeing hate comments so I would delete them. I don't know how to handle this. And I'm super sorry for dealing with this situation like this, I don't mean to get so emotional-"

"No, baby." Devin whispered, leaning your head against his chest. "No, no, no, baby. It's okay. I understand why you're feeling this way, babe. I got hate when I first started, and the boys and I didn't know how to handle it, but, and I know this wouldn't quite help, but ignore them. Fuck them. When they see you unbothered, they're going to get annoyed and after, they would leave you alone. Baby, they're just saying those things because they're hoping to get a reaction from you. Whatever they say, whatever they comment, whatever they do, ignore them and live on with your life. Live on with me, mama. Just pretend they don't exist, okay? I want you to know I love you and I will do anything for you, but right now, baby girl, I need you to do this for me. I don't want to see you crying or upset, so, please don't. I love you so much it hurts me when I see you cry."
As he spoke, he rubbed your back gently and you suddenly felt warm again. 🧡
—-
Follow me on IG guys: bombdigz_2020 🥰 what did you think of this? Message me any ideas or imagines 🥰 Love y'all.