Ch. 4 - Flight

Before it is time to take off, I quickly look at the messages. Connor Franta. Jack Baran. Cameron Dallas. I look to see who had called me. Connor. Why would he call me? Whatever. I open his text message.

(C-Me F-Connor)

F - Hey are you leaving yet?

C - yea. I think in a little bit. We just got on.

F - oh ok. How long is the flight?

C- about 5 hours and 30 minutes.

F- ok. I will be here with Hayley. Jack and Kian should be coming too

C- connor! I know this 😂😂 why did you call? I cant listen to it right now

F- oh. Um nevermind. I gtg tho so bye

C - ok. Bye

That was weird. I look at Cameron's message.

(C-me, D-Cameron)

D - heyy.

C - hey cam!

D - you on the plane yet?

C - yea. We're waiting for the plane to take off

D - oh.

C - yea

D - Jack is with me. He cant stop talking about you. He's really excited.

C - really? Aw. Tell him i say hai

D - ight

C- byee

D - bye

I look at Jack's message.

(C-me, J-Jack)

J - hey sweetie. I hope you have a safe flight and i cant wait to see you! Be safe and dont talk to strangers!!! Have fun with jenn and andrea. See you soon 😍😘🎄🎄

C - aww jack! I miss you and cant wait to see you again! Of course i will be safe!

"Thank you for choosing Delta as your airline. We will be taking off shortly. Please put away any electronics now and put on your seatbelt," A flight attendant speaks into the speaker thing.

I put up the tray, holding my drink, which was still hot. I buckle my seatbelt and close my eyes and wait for the plane to take flight.

I feel the plane start to move and open my eyes. Jenn and Andrea were talking about what the plan was for when we get to Cali. About the time we get there, it will be about 6:30 - 7:00. Basically, they were planning that we would go to dinner, stay at a hotel or one of the boys' places and then the next morning, we would go find our new apartment!

Finally, we are in the air and are allowed to take off the seatbelts. I do and pull down the tray to set my drink in the cup holder. Then, I think back to when I first met Jack.

"Come on Camilla! Let's go backstage," Summer, a girl from the collab F5, which I was a part of, took my arm and pulled me towards the door. We were attending DigiFest.

"What about the others?" I ask.

"They will meet us back here later," She continues to pull me through the hallway, "Let's find Hayley. Hayley Franta was my best friend. We basically met because of my sister, Andrea. Andrea and her boyfriend, Kian, were friends with Connor Franta. I met Hayley when I met O2L last year. We did everything together after we met. I featured her in some of my videos, we made a channel of us two and I was in most of her videos. I hadn't seen her since last month though, because of travelling. 

"Let me call her," I stop walking and Summer agrees. I dial Hayley's number.

"Hello?" I hear Hayley say into the phone.

"Hey! It's Camilla, where are you?" I ask.

"Oh! Hey! I'm in room 150 with Jenna Marbles, Jenn, Andrea, Kian, and some others," She says.

"Ok. Summer and I are coming," I say.

"Yay! See you soon! Bye," She hangs up.

"They are in room 150," I tell Summer.

"I'll beat you there!" She starts to run. I laugh and start runnning, too.

We run up a flight of stairs and finally get to the room 150. I knock on the door. 

"Hey Andrea! Your sister is here," Kian yells after he opened the door.

"Ew," She walks up, "just messing with you! Come in! Let me introduce you two to everyone."

Summer and I walked in.

"This is Jenna Marbles."  Jenna waves to us. I remember her. She is so funny and really nice. Her dogs are cute, too. 

"This is O2L. I know for a fact that you remember them." I do. I wave hi to them.

"This is Nash Grier, Cameron Dallas, and Matthew Espinosa." They each say hi to Summer and I.

"And this is Jack Baran," Andrea says and then leaves to go talk with Kian, Ricky and Jenn. It was a little awkward, just standing in front of Jack, not saying anything.

"Are you from the collab group Fancy 5?" He breaks my train of thought.

"Oh. Um. Yea. Uh. You can just call it F5," I awkwardly say. God I am so socially awkward. Summer and Hayley know this about me, too.

"So...." Summer breaks the silence.

"I'm getting hungry. Want to go get something to eat before the show?" Jack asks me. Did he just ask me on a date?

"Um sure," I say.

"You don't have to if you don't want to," He starts walking away.

"No, I will come. We can get to know eachother," I say. Well that's not an awkward thing to say at all. Note the sarcasm.

"Ok, let's go," He opens the door and we just leave, not telling anyone where we were going.

"Where should we go?" I ask.

"I don't know. Panera's? There's one down the street," He says.

"Sure," I reply.

We walk in silence until we get to Panera's. We order and then sit down, waiting for our food.

"So where are you from?" He asks me. I feel like he already knows this because of Andrea.

"New York City," I say and take a sip of my drink.

"That sounds like fun! I'm just from Connecticut, but I moved to California," He smiles. 

"Really? Lucky. I want to live here in California someday," I say. An employee brings our food. 

"What do you like to do?" He asks before taking a bite of his sandwich. I had just gotten the Macaroni and Cheese.

"Well, I play the piano and guitar. I might start the violin. I don't know. What about you?" I ask.

"I like travelling," he replies.

"Me too," I say before eating some of my food.

"We should plan a trip sometime," He says. 

"That would be fun," I reply.

We finished eating and we walk back. He holds my hand and just as we walk in, DigiFest was about to start! We hug goodbye and I get with the other girls from F5 and we go to our meet and greet area.