Ch. 5 - Cali Bound

- Camilla's pov -

I wake up to my sister shaking me.

"What the heck!" I say.

"We landed!" Jenn smiles.

"Oh my gosh. I never drank my starbucks," I feel confused, "Didn't we like just take off, like five minutes ago?"

"Honey. That was 5 hours ago. You fell asleep. Not to mention you were saying "Connor" and "Jack" in your sleep," Andrea chuckles.

"WHAT! Please tell me you two were the only ones who heard that!" I nervously say.

"Don't worry, we were," Jenn laughs.

"Whatever," I bend over and slide J's cage out from under the seat. He was meowing, like he was scared. "Shhhh J. It's okay." I whisper. I pick up my starbucks cup, sliding the tray back into place. I take a sip. Ew! It was so cold and tasted disgusting.

"Jenn, you want this? It's cold," I say. She likes it either hot or cold. She loves peppermint and chocolate.

"YASSS!!! Thank you," She takes it from me.

"Turn your phone on to see if anyone texted you," Andrea says when we get off the plane.

"Okay. I'm going to the bathroom real quick though. Hold J for me?" I ask before walking away to the restrooms.

When I walk in, I turn my phone on and see millions of notifications. Most were either retweets, favorites of my tweets, people liked my instagram photos, I was tagged in some or I was mentioned it comments/people commented on my photos. Jeez. So many. I see I have some missed messages, too.

Summer: Hey girl. I hope you made it to Cali! See you tomorrow.

That's right. F5 was going to meet up tomorrow afternoon.

Connor: We are here! Hayley is too

Hayley: Hey! text me when you land

I text Hayley back, telling her we had landed. She texts back a smily emoji.

Jack: I hope you get here soon! I miss you so much.

Cameron: Camillaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Cameron: lol

Cameron: JaCk WaNtS yOu To Be HeRe LyKe NoWwWwW

Cameron was really goofy. I send him a text back that we were on our way. Even though that was a lie, but whatever.

Mom: I hope you, Andrea and Jenn had a safe flight! I will visit you girls soon to see the new place! Say hello to Jack and Kian for me, love you

I will reply to her later.

I remember the voicemail from Connor. I open it and put the phone to my ear to listen to it.

"Hey Camilla. It's Connor. I just wanted to call to talk to you. I need to tell you something. Welllllllllllllll have a safe trip!!! I hear shuffleing Hey gurllll it's Tyler. So I stole the phone from Connor just now and locked myself in my room so that he couldn't take it back and so I could tell you that Connor really likes you." I hear a door unlock and Tyler laughing. Then the line goes dead.

Does Connor really like me? Or was Tyler playing? Whatever. I just walk out the bathroom. All I wanted to do was to listen to the voicemail.

"So? Did you get texts?" Andrea asks.

"Yea. They are all here, waiting for us," I say. Jenn gets out her camera.

"Hey guys. It is now about 7:30 at night and we just landed. We are going to go and see our friends, who came to pick us up!" Jenn points the camera at Andrea and I after she says that and we wave hi. Andrea hands me back J's cage. Jenn talks to the camera the whole way out to the baggage claim area. When I see Jack, I put down J's cage onto the floor and drop my suitcase. I run to him and he hugs me, lifting me off of the floor. After hugging for what seemed forever, he kissed me.

"And there's the two love birds," Jenn probably points the camera at Jack and I.

"I missed you so much! We haven't seen each other in a month," he hugs me again.

"I know," I let go, "let me get my things."

"Ok," he follows me.

I pick up J's cage and my suitcase. Andrea finds her suitcase and Jenn puts away the camera to get her's.

After, I say hello to Hayley. We talk about our flights and how she was sitting next to a grandma who would not stop telling her about what she was doing in California. I started laughing and Jack came up to me and asked to hold my suitcase. I say sure and he takes it from me and with his free hand, he holds mine.

"Where should we go," Kian asks as we walk out of the airport. I look at all the Christmas lights wrapped around poles and some of palm trees. It was a really pretty sight.

"I don't know. Anywhere," Andrea replies.

"You can put your suitcase in my car. We can stop by my apartment so you could put J there. Hayley can come, too," he looks over to her.

"What?" Hayley walks over.

"Do you want to come with Jack and I to his house real quick," I ask.

"Sure," Hayley says.

I tell Andrea and then we go to Jack's car. I get in the front seat and Hayley gets in the back. Jack starts driving.

"So how's life," Hayley breaks the awkward silence.

"Um. Good," I reply to her.

"Same," Hayley says.

"Jack, you know what tomorrow is?" I ask.

"Digifest?" He asks.

"Well yea....but what else..." I say.

"I'm just messing with you," he playfully smacks my arm, "It's the day we first met." He looks at me smiling.

"Yea," I smile.

"Enough with this lovey dovey stuff," Hayley groans.

"You're just jealous," I smirk.

"Am not," she folds her arms, "What am I jealous of then?"

I raise one eyebrow. She rolls her eyes. When I first started dating Jack, she had told me that she liked him. I was okay with it, but sometimes when him and I are together, it's awkward and sometimes she makes a face at me and things like that. Sometimes it's kinda petty. Like he is my boyfriend and she should be happy for me. She knew Jack longer than me, too.  But whatever.

Jack pulls into the Apartment Complex parking lot. We get out and he takes my suitcase and I take J and his cage. Hayley follows.

"Hayley, you can leave your things here, too," Jack says, while walking to the elevator. He lived on the top floor and he lived on the beach. In a few weeks he decided to move into a beach condo, which again, he bought a room on the top floor. He said he wanted something a little bigger than his apartment, even though his apartment had three rooms, a living room area, and a kitchen. He opens the door and we walk  in. I decide to keep J in his cage because I don't trust him to be alone in a place he isn't used to. Hayley and I put our suitcases down and the Jack goes outside, talking on the phone. After, he comes back in.

"That was Tyler. He asked if you were here yet and I invited him to come with us to get something to eat. He is coming over in a little bit," Jack picks up his keys and puts them in his pocket. We wait for Tyler to come and I text Andrea to ask where they are.

"Andrea said they are at the Chickfila near the O2L house," I tell Jack while we walk down to his car.