7

As I scroll down my Instagram feed... Something catches my eye.

Ashton's post.

I screenshot the picture and I go to my photos. I zoom in on the screenshot and I frown.

It's a picture of Ashton's sister and brother... But in the background...

Ashton is kissing another girl.

I know this is a recent post because apparently it's Lauren's birthday today. Ashton told me about it earlier.

I go back onto Instagram and I try to forget the picture of Ashton and a mystery girl.

Why am I even jealous?

I scroll past the picture again, my mind going in automatic mode. I like the picture.

@ashtonirwin: Just wanna say a very BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my little sister Lauren!! I love you Lau-Lau @xlauren_irwinx You're the best little sister I could've asked for! I hope your day is filled with hugs and sloppy kisses from great aunties xx

I tap on Lauren's user name and I follow her.

I go back to the dashboard and I try to find the photo again.

A few scrolls down and I successfully find the photo.

I comment on the photo.

@brianna_mondelez: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREN!! xx @xlauren_irwinx

I'm pretty sure she doesn't even know who I am. And to be honest... I don't know her very well either.

I decide to post a picture.

It's a black and white quote that says:

"do you ever talk to someone and feel really happy no matter how shit the conversation is"

I crop it a little so it's zoomed in a bit and I tap the 'next' button. I write a caption.

brianna_mondelez: 👌💕💕

Share →

I tap share and Instagram takes me straight back to the dashboard with my new post as he first thing I see.

I scroll down past a few posts and I see Ashton's post again. My eyes immediately find Ashton and that girl in the background.

My heart sinks.

Why am I feeling like this?

ashtonirwin liked your photo...

ashtonirwin commented on your photo...