17

-ashton-

i lean over to grab my phone that's on the floor of brianna's room. i secretly snap a picture of her when she laughs at something that happened in the movie.

she doesn't notice but i reckon she's suspicious.

"what?"

"nothing," i reply in a sneaky voice. i edit my picture and i put a nice effect on it on PicsArt. i save it and upload it to instagram.

i add a caption.

with my favourite girl in the entire world 😘😘😍 @brianna_mondelez What are we doing next?

Share

i hear brianna's phone vibrate on the bedside table. she leans over and grabs her phone. she reads her notification and her eyebrows scrunch up.

she looks over to me and i quickly turn my head to the television, making it seem that i've been staring at the television thhe whole time.

i can't help but smirk as she eyes my face suspiciously.

"wow... really ashton?" she says in disbelief.

"what?" i say in fake interest.

she doesn't reply, instead she types something on her phone.

brianna_mondelez liked your photo...

brianna_mondelez commented on your photo...

i tap my photo to see what she commented.

@brianna_mondelez: i look horrible!! delete it!! ps. idk what we're doing next. it's like 1:00am ash.

@ashtonirwin: You look b-e-a-utiful @brianna_mondelez 😘 we could go to the park and sit in the slide with the blankets 😏

i look over to brianna to see if she's blushing.

yep.

@brianna_mondelez: as long as you protect me from monsters out there 💪.... and keep me warm 😏

@ashtonirwin: will do love 😘😏 and i need to ask you something 😅

brianna_mondelez took a photo of you...

@brianna_mondelez: this dude is officially my monster slayer 👏💪🚨😘

it's a photo of me waiting for my suitcase at the airport. my pink highlights that i got done before i came here, are ruffled up because i took off my bandana.

@ashtonirwin: of all the selfies i took on your phone.... you choose this one 😂😣.... but my highlights make me look pretty badass here 😏

@brianna_mondelez: @ashtonirwin.... #paybackisabitch ps. can we leave now... anchorman's done.

i look up and sure enough, the credits for anchorman 2 are rolling. i sigh and lock my phone.

i roll over closer to brianna and throw my spare arm around her. i bury my head into her stomach to get comfortable.

"c'mon ash.... let's go,"