20

E P I L O G U E

-3rd Person-

ashton got quite a surprise when his mum, harry, and lauren were at the airport with a whole lot of suitcases.

"w-what are you doing here," ashton says, holding brianna's hand tighter in hope.

"we're staying here ashie!!" harry says. he runs up to ashton and gives him a massive hug.

ashton keeps harry at his side and brianna's hand in his as he turns to brianna's mum.

"is that why you were smiling in the car?" ashton asks with a wide smile plastered in his face. brianna's mum nods and starts talking.

"your mum and i have been planning this since you started talking to brianna again. of course, when your dad died... she wanted to come here quicker to escape the memories. when brianna told me that you were coming here for a visit, your mum and i thought that it would be a perfect surprise when you would leave. which you aren't. you get to be happy with brianna. brianna gets to be happy with you. lauren can start again. harry can join a better soccer club. and your mum and i get to catch up again. win win for everyone" brianna's mum says excitedly. somewhere in that speech, ashton's mum came over with lauren to stand next to brianna's mum.

"so what are we still doing at the airport?" harry says innocently. everyone bursts out in laughter and ashton ruffles his hair.

"let's go to the car." brianna's mum suggests. harry, lauren and ash's mum walk out the airport.

brianna slowly turns to ashton with a huge smile on her face. ashton has the same expression and picks her up to hug her. brianna squeals and wraps her arms around ashton's neck.

ashton lets her down and he kisses her sweetly.

click.

"really mum. again?" brianna sighs. brianna's mum laughs and brianna shakes her head. she leans up to ashton and kisses him again.

"i guess i'm staying here," ashton says cheekily. he winks at brianna and brianna rolls her eyes.

"that's good, isn't it?" brianna says.

"yeah, i love you, let's go" ashton says. trying to make the 'i love you' as hidden as possible.

you might think that they only re-met for a couple of days, but in reality, brianna and ashton have known each other for years.

"w-what?" brianna asks in disbelief. her heart beats louder in hope.

"i said... let's go." ashton says. brianna's smile drops as they start walking.

"i'm kidding.... i love you brianna mondelez." ashton says proudly, wrapping his arms around brianna's waist. he pulls her closer and catches brianna by surprise by kissing her.

"i love you too ashton irwin."

their phones vibrate in their pockets and they both pull away to check it.

xlauren_irwinx tagged you in a photo...

they both open the instagram app.

brianna reads the caption and laughs.

@xlauren_irwinx: have you told her yet 😏😉 @ashtonirwin

@brianna_mondelez: yes he has 😏

@ashtonirwin: i love you bri 😘 @brianna_mondelez

@brianna_mondelez: i love you too ash 😘 @ashtonirwin

@xlauren_irwinx: AWWWWWWWWWW y'all are so cute i might die 😂🙊☺️

brianna and ashton both lock their phones and ashton leans in to kiss brianna.

"not today ashton," brianna says cheekily. she runs out the airport and ashton thinks to himself.

'i love that girl'