Chapter 1

When people think of academy students, they think of clan kids, children who were born to be ninja. Trained from the moment they could hold a kunai. Me? I'm an academy student, a shitty one. I'm here because my mother is a dumbass and doesn't know how to keep a job. The only reason I'm going to become a ninja, is to repay my debt to the village. I live with my aunt now, she's the closest thing I have to a parental figure these days, though she's always out and about for business. So that's my life, well, some of it.

The hallway was crowded as usual and I try to push my way through. Schools out, it's a Friday, you know how it is. All I have to do is make it home without any problems. I rounded a corner, making sure not to drop my books. "Hey! Math freak! Where the hell do you think your going?!" I sighed, Yuri Tanako, one of many problems. I don't really want to deal with this today, so I speed up towards the doors, maybe I can outrun her. Probably not but I can try. Yuri is one of the big fancy merchant kids, she's here because money concours all. I cross the threshold with a silent cry of victory, that is before I was rudely dragged behind the academy. Now I know what your thinking, how would some spoiled brat be strong enough to drag a human being? Well she's not, Yuri has no physical talent, but her minions do.

Yuri is fairly popular among her classmates, we're in different classes so at least she doesn't bother me during the school day. I was dropped down against the dirt, Yuri's gang stood over me. The Queen Bee herself kicked some dirt at my face, "You tried to pull a fast one today you bitch! Did you really think you could get away with that?!" One of her minions reached for my books, probably to rip them apart before Yuri slapped them out of his hands. "Kurosawa! Don't be an idiot, those probably have all the homework answers! We need them!" How kind of her, really I feel so appreciated. Yuri smiled, it was sickening. "Now, we can't wreck the books, but we can sure as hell wreck the nerd!" I felt someone grab my hair, pulling my face up. A loud slap rang out through the air, and with that another day in hell began.

If I fight back, she'll cry to her daddy. If I fight back, I'll be the one who gets yelled at, Aunt Nayomi will get in trouble with the merchants. If I tell someone they won't believe me, they probably won't even care. I can't win. This equation doesn't have an answer. A fist connected with my stomach, I can feel the gravel scrape against my back. I just hope it didn't open up any old wounds. Yuri kicks me in the shins. "Sasuke-kun is in your class! Stay away from him you whore! Or else!" Ah yes, the infamous Uchiha, I tend to forget he exists. Him along with most of my classmates. Talking to him would be like digging my own grave.

My head starts to spin, the bully grinned as another rock hit my forehead. Not a big deal, my bangs can cover the bruise. I try curl up into a ball, but my legs are too shaky. My books are thrown at my torso, one bouncing off my stomach into the dirt. Yuri gives a kick to my ribs before walking off without a word, her gang follows in tow. How rude.

I slowly pick my books up, I try to support myself on the wall behind me. The sleeves of my green turtle now covered my bruised arms, I made to cover any injuries. My fingers dust the fabric off, at least to the point where I don't look like a complete hobo. I let my ginger hair out of its messy bun, shaking it out before gathering it back up with a hair tie.

I do my best not to limp home, but it's a pretty pathetic attempt. My hands grasp the door handle, the cool metal slightly stinging the many scrapes adorning my palm. Our apartment was pretty boring, Aunt Nayomi worked for average wages so it wasn't extravagant or anything. My eyes drifted to the empty plates in the sink, that's odd, she would've normally been home by now. I walked into the small kitchen, a yellow index card was taped to one of the cabinets. I plucked it off the wood, staring blandly at the messy handwriting.

I have to make a trip for work, I'll be back in a month or so.
-Love,
Your Aunt Nayomi-

A month? That's even longer than the last one, she'll miss my graduation. Damn. At least I won't have to make up an excuse for the injuries, I think yesterday was the fifth time I 'fell' down the stairs. She's bound to get suspicious at some point. I crumpled up the paper before gazing at the trash can. "Distance = diameter, height = radius, basic circular arch...." I don't think math is hard. Maybe it's because I picture it out in front of me, my weird ass drew out the equation with imaginary chalk. Sure enough, little white dashes trailing from the paper to the bin popped up. I sent that bitch flying with optimal velocity, it landed in the can with a satisfying swish. It's the small things that count, to me at least.

::

Whoever thought of holding the graduation exams on a Monday, fuck you. My tired ass slumped over in my chair, my forehead rested on top of my books. The Nara sitting next to me wasn't in much better condition. He probably thinks this whole thing is troublesome. I don't blame him.

Another kid skipped back through the door way, a shiny new forehead protector in hand. No one had failed yet, it was slightly reassuring, slightly. Dog boy was called next, he confidently strolled to the examination room. I don't think I'll fail, I'm just worried that Yuri will pass. I think I would die on a squad with her. Dog boy walks back to his seat, the protector already around his forehead. The weird white haired teacher pops his head back through the door, his eyes focusing in on me. Here we go. The chunin marked his clipboard with his pen before turning back to me.

"Ayano Hamasaki to the examination room."

::::::

So when I talk about the chalk and the math thing, I mean that Ayano can literally calculate the speed and strength behind a kick, and then picture how to perform it. The chalk is how she pictures all her different options, she also calculates the probability of an attack hitting.

Leave a comment if you feel like it! Sorry that I suck at writing, I just have all these different things that I want to write about and I'm bad a focusing on just one. Have a nice day!