Chapter 2

The examination room was quiet, Iruka and Mizuki sat at the desk looking over their clipboards. Iruka scribbled something down before directing his gaze towards me. "Alright Ayano, you need to make at least three clones to pass. Do it whenever you're ready." I took a deep breath, I spent a good hour drawing out the chakra proportions needed for a bunshin, I've got this.

I clear my throat before raising my hands to the proper sign. "Clone jutsu!" Sure enough, three copies of me stood around the room. Mizuki smiled before tossing me a headband. "You pass!"

::

My protector now sat comfortably on my forehead, the knot in the back keeping it in place. I'm a genin, fantastic. I walk past the crowds of parents, I think I'll head to the library as a celebration. My thoughts were cut short as a grubby hand tugged my hair to the side. Oh shit. Yuri sneered at me, I got a clear view of the headband tied around her waist. "You made a mistake passing the exam math bitch! You're below me got it slut?!" A very familiar brick wall came into view, I'm thrown into the dirt. Three of her minions rounded the corner, this is bad, she's really pissed. I try to stand up, to run away, only to take a kick to the stomach. A punch to the ribs, dirt is tossed into my eyes. The largest of the three picks me up by the shirt, throwing me into the wall. My head knocked against bricks and everything goes dark.

::

My head throbbed softly as my eyes cracked open. Immediately my hands flew to my forehead protector, luckily they decided not to take it. Everything hurt, dammit we're getting squads tomorrow. I use the wall as support, man it had gotten late, I wonder how long I was out. Slowly but surely I hobble my way back home.

No ones out at this time of the day, it's peaceful. My ears perk up at the sound of a voice. "Please don't hurt me! I didn't even do anything!" High pitched, definitely a child. Another voice quips in. "Too bad brat! My usual punching bag's passed out, so you're gonna substitute for her!" Now that voice I know, Yuri fucking Tanako. My feet carry me to the conversation, sure enough, there stood Yuri. Below her, a small orange haired little girl sat crying. Yuri brought her foot down on the girl's shins.

No. I walked faster, advancing to a run. She's seriously beating up an academy kid? Before I knew, I stood in front of Yuri. She smirked, like a bitch. "Well look who it is! Math freak! Back for anothe-" she didn't get to finish. Something inside of me snapped, years of pent up rage. I ignored my pained muscles, I rose my knee at a 70 degree angle, before round-housing Yuri in the face. She fell to the ground with a yelp, astonishment lining her features. Her face twisted into an ugly snarl. "You bitch! Your gonna pay for that!" With that she turn and ran.

My breathing was erratic, I turned my attention back to the academy student. She stared at me before rushing to hug my leg. Wha-? "Thank you kunoichi-san!" Shit she startled me, I sighed before patting her head. "What's your name kid?" She gave me a toothy grin before getting into this weird stance with a peace sign. "I'm Moegi! The most feminine kunoichi in the academy!" I nodded, who am I to question the mind of child. "You know your way home kid?" She nodded quickly. I smiled, it was fake, but it was an attempt. "See ya around, stay out of trouble." With that I walked off in the direction of my apartment.

::

Today was team selection day, my last official day at the academy. I threw my mess of ginger hair into it's  normal bun before heading to the academy. The streets were bustling, definitely more alive then I was. It was a bright sunny day, hell for me, a turtle neck and long pants? What was I thinking? I was covering my bruises, maybe if I wasn't beat up on a regular basis I wouldn't have to wear this shit.

I passed the Yamanaka flower shop, stepping aside to avoid the two racing fan girls. Another thing I never understood, what's the big deal with Uchiha Sasuke? Sure he's good looking and all, but he just sits there, zero personality. I don't think I've ever heard him say a full sentence. Either that or I wasn't listening to him. The academy came into view as I walked closer.

::

Walking in on Sasuke kissing the Uzumaki was not part of my regular morning. I let out shameless snort before walking to my seat. I'm next to Shikamaru Nara, laziest kid in class, though I've heard he's wicked smart. I set my books down before plopping down in my seat. The Nara turned his head to me, his brow furrowed slightly. "Don't take this the wrong way, but I didn't actually expect you to pass." I raised one eyebrow, this son of a bitch. He seemed to get the message and kept talking. "You never get called on for examples, I've never seen you do the clone jutsu in class, and to be fair you don't talk like at all." I stared at him before sighing, he had a point.

I observed the crowd of angry females closing in on Naruto, poor dude. The Nara tapped my shoulder, what now? I turned my head back to him, he looked from the Uchiha to me. "So are you upset about Naruto kissing Sasuke?" I gave him a look before shaking my head, he took this as a cue to continue. "Do you even like Sasuke?" I stared at him incredulously before laughing dryly. "What's to like?" I muttered before resting my head on my books.

3rd Person

Shikamaru was confused. Ayano, the girl who never talked, had spoken. Not only spoken, but laughed! And she didn't like Sasuke. Huh, he thought, there must be something wrong with her.

Back to 1st Person

::

"You'll be assigned squads! I will call the squad number and then the genin in the team. Sit with your team and wait your sensei after lunch."

I know the team I want. Shikamaru, he's not stupid, and Shino because he's quiet. Of course they won't be my team, like I would get a team that I actually liked. I tuned into Iruka's speechie thing. "Team 8, Hinata Hyuga, Shino Aburame, and Kiba Inuzuka. Team 10, Ino Yamanaka, Choji Akimichi, and Shikamaru Nara." There goes my dream team. "Team 7, Sakura Haruno, Naruto Uzumaki,-" The Uzumaki did a little victory dance while Sakura hit her head on the desk. "-Sasuke Uchiha,-" Now it was Sakura's turn to cheer. "-and dew to an odd number of students, Ayano Hamasaki."

The arm supporting my arm faltered and my head hit the desk. I could feel my spirit leave my body. The Uzumaki stood from his seat, shaking his head angrily. "Iruka-sensei! Why does an awesome ninja like me have to be on a team with a slug like Sasuke!?" Iruka looked over his clipboard at the blonde. "Sasuke had the best scores in the class, you had the worst. Not to mention Sakura was top kunoichi." Naruto growled while Sasuke looked at the blonde with a scowl. "Just stay out of my was loser." Naruto frowned. "Shut up teme, and who's Ayano anyways?" Iruka sighed before glancing at his clipboard. "Ayano Hamasaki, perfect academic scores, well rounded fighter, she would have beaten Sakura for top kunoichi had she actually spoken during speech exams."

Wait seriously? I thought my taijutsu grades were in the gutter. Shikamaru gave me a surprised look, that's when I realized everyone was looking at me. Shit. I gave Iruka a glare, he got the memo and kept announcing teams. The Nara nudged my arm, I turned to him with an exasperated look. He mouthed 'perfect score' with a questioning look. I shrugged and turned back to Iruka. He flipped the page of paper before clearing his voice. "Alright, time for lunch, do whatever, just don't get in trouble." He walked out the door leaving the class.

Almost immediately, the Uzumaki spun around to face Sakura. "Heya Sakura-chan! Do you want to eat lunch with me, for team bonding?" There's an 86.2% chance that she will say no, Sakura glared at Naruto. "No Naruto! I'm going to eat lunch with Sasuke-kun!" Said Uchiha was already out of the classroom. My two other teammates raced out the door, leaving me alone to eat my lunch. Shikamaru grabbed my books earning a glare from yours truly. "Your teammates ditched you, come eat with my team, I'm not suffering through Ino's complaining alone." Choji gave an indignant grunt from behind his chewing, Shikamaru sighed. "Fine, Choji and I are not going to suffer through Ino's complaints alone." They started walking towards the door, giving me no other choice.

I was having lunch with team 10.

::

And that's chapter 2! Sorry if it sucked. Have a nice day! Leave a comment if you enjoyed.