Chapter 3

Ino Yamanaka was an idiot, and it took me a few minutes to understand that. The rest of team 10? Pretty normal, tolerable. But Ino? For a person from a clan that focused entirely on the mind, she was pretty fucking stupid. Like she's not a bad person, but why? Why in the name of kami would I ever like Sasuke? She had it in her head that every member of the female population was trying to take him from her.

The four of us occupied an empty classroom, eating our bentos. I brought teriyaki steak with a fruit salad, Ino had a salad, Shikamaru had a PBJ because he's too lazy to cook, and Choji had a wide variety of chips. Shikamaru gave me back my notebooks when I started eating, that way it was too inconvenient to leave. Sly bastard. Ino had me fixed under scrutinizing gaze, trying to find any signs of lying. "And your absolutely sure that you don't like Sasuke" I nodded, looking her dead in the eye. She sighed and took a bite of her salad. "Well, I guess your okay then, do me a favor and keep forehead away from my Sasuke-kun." Forehead? I gave her a questioning look, she squinted at me in return. I pointed to my forehead while quirking a brow. Ino had a moment of realization, if there was a lightbulb, it would have glowed. "Oh! I call Sakura forehead to demean her." Ah, that makes more sense.

I swallow my last piece of steak just as Ino walked to look at the window. Shikamaru awoke from his half-asleep state, glancing at Ino. "What is it troublesome blonde?" Ino leaned out slightly. "It's Naruto, he's sneaking around the buildi- wait he's tackling Sasuke-kun! The blinds shut! I can't see what's going on!" With that Ino ran out the classroom. Shikamaru sighed, nibbling on the crust of his sandwich. I finished up my pineapple slice, content with the silence, which Choji ruined. "So Ayano, what's in all those books anyway? You keep a diary or something?"

I hesitantly slid one of my older books towards him, I don't really like people touching my stuff. Choji dusted his hands off before he picked it up, opening it to the first page. He scanned it before sliding it to Shikamaru. "Man you have an index for your notes? Dedication." Choji spoke before grabbing another chip. I watched nervously as Shikamaru flipped through the book. He was muttering as he read, his eyes slightly widened. He switched his attention to me. "How the hell did you calculate taijutsu stances? Maa, I understand how math can be used for projectiles, but how your gonna stand in a fight? That I don't get." I snagged the pencil from out of my bun, taking the book from the Nara's hands. The equation took me awhile to solve, basically you wanted to be as compact as possible while still being in range of the target. Of course this book was only a year old, this particular stance was number two, in an ongoing series. I sketched out the probability next to the base equation before handing the book back to Shikamaru.

Choji looked on in slight fascination as Shikamaru tried comprehend the problem. He'd been at it for a good ten minutes, the Nara let out a sigh and tossed the book back. He muttered 'troublesome' under his breath, I snorted. Choji crumpled his last bag of chips. "Lunch is almost over, we shouldn't be late. Ino will be mad." Shikamaru nodded before standing. I gather my books before stacking them with my empty bento. The walk to the classroom was comfortably silent, we entered as the bell rang. Choji smile at me. "You know Ayano, your not as bad as the kids from the other class crack you up to be." Kids from the other cla-? Yuri. Of course, this whole class probably thinks I'm a bitch. I sigh and head back to my seat. How troublesome.

::

Everyone else's sensei came to pick them up. But ours? Nope, Iruka-sensei had already left, it's been 2 hours, 52 minutes, and 33 seconds. I used the time to update my note book on chakra theory. The close to empty classroom was filled with the sound of a ticking clock, it was almost peaceful. I'm honestly surprised that Naruto hasn't snapped yet. Said blonde rocketed out of his seat as the clock ticked for the 10474th time since Iruka left. "That's it! Our sensei is taking way too long! He's gonna pay for it." I spoke to soon, my eyes follow him to the chalkboard. Naruto grabbed an eraser before running over to a desk, he dragged a chair over to the door. Sakura finally took her eyes if Sasuke long enough to see what he was doing. She yelled at the blonde as he propped the eraser on the top of the slightly empty door. "Naruto! Our sensei is a jonin! An elite ninja, he would never fall for a cheap trick like that!" The blonde grinned, ya know, he might not be as dumb as I thought he was. The eraser is placed in a blind spot, it doesn't have chakra so you can't sense it, it's lighter and quieter than a kunai, it all comes down to how paranoid our sensei is.