꧁chapter 3꧂

I stir in my bed and inhale the smell of the soft blankets that surround me. They smell like dark chocolate and cologne. Wait that's weird I don't wear cologne? I peel open my eyes and quickly sit up in bed and look at my surroundings.

Where am I? I start to get out of bed when I feel a presence behind me.
"Good your up. Get dressed and meet me downstairs in ten." I see Everett emerging from the bathroom walking towards the door not even looking at me.

"Wait where am I?" I ask almost chasing after him out the door.

"The bloodstone pack your in my house." He responds blankly. My heart starts racing and I can feel another panic attack coming. Is this the part where I die?

"I want to go home." I say somewhat calmly, but with authority looking him in the eye. He has dirty blond hair and mesmerizing green eyes.

"This is your home now end of discussion." He says curtly and turns to walk away from me and leaves out the door as I trail behind him.

"Take me home now!" I shout at him while his back is facing me. He can't take me from my home without giving me a reason or an option or something! He stops abruptly and turns back leaving only a couple feet between us.

I can feel the power he gives off and the tips of my fingers start to get all tingly. That's weird.

"I don't take orders from you. Hell I don't take orders from anyone, so I'd suggest you do what I say, your only going to make things worse for yourself." He demands.

"What are you going to do alpha." I tease "hurt me, I'd rather be dead than spend one more minute here." I say truthfully. No I didn't want to die or a death sentence but anything's better than here. Right?

I see someone flicker in his eyes, and for a second they turn a gold. "I might not be able to physically hurt you because of our bond but that doesn't mean no one else can." He seethes at me.

My stomach drops and I gulp. He's right. There's a lot of people out there who wouldn't mind killing me or hurting me at least. I got my first taste of that last night.

I look down at my feet wondering if I should still fight over this, but then I realize that I'm still weak. Even though I'm half wolf I don't have any special abilities. I'm not stronger than him, hell I wouldn't even be able to put up a good fight against an alpha.

I look back up and look him in the eyes, anger boiling inside me.  "Fine." I say and turn back into the room not sparing another glance at him.

I take a look around the room and it's beautiful. The bed has navy blue sheets and the ocean blue walls make it stand out there's a huge window with a balcony right in the middle of it all.

Wait a minute. Window. Balcony. My face lights up as I realize what I can do. Escape. The window overlooks the woods. But I'd be running having no idea where I'm running to or where to go but it's better than being here any longer.

I grab my shoes that are by the bed and put them on tying my hair up and making my way towards the balcony.

Wow. It's a lot farther down than I thought.  If I jump I'm definitely breaking a leg or maybe two. Then I really won't be able to go anywhere.

Maybe I could try landing on all fours. So the fall won't only be on my legs yeah let's try that. I jump and attempt to break the fall a little with my hands and it works. I'm free.  I get up as quickly as possible and break for the woods.

I'm only running for a couple minutes before I'm out of breath and I come upon a cliff that overlooks the lake and a clearing on the other side. If I could jump and then swim to the other side there's no way they'd come after me.

I take a closer step towards the cliff observing. The distance down it is.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."  I hear a male voice behind me. "It's a good 60ft down but there are rocks under those waters So either way your dead."

I quickly turn and find a guy around my age standing almost fifteen feet away from me.

"Who are you?" I demand taking a step closer to the lake ready to make a run for it or jump for it to be exact.

"I should be asking you the same thing. What your you doing on our territory rouge." He seethes at me. And man if looks could kill I'd be ten feet in the ground right about now. But rouge?

"I'm not a rouge, hell I'm barley even wolf and I'm being held here against my will so if you'll excuse me I'll be leaving." I turn back around not taking another glance at the guy and stand at the edge of the cliff.

"Holy shit. How did you manage to get out." He says looking at me like I'm crazy. Does he know me? "Beta" I hear the small angelic voice in my head again.

"Your the beta." I state looking at the guy with dark brown hair and fair skin. "And your Cleo." He shoots back.

I close my eyes and turn back to face him. I let out a huff of annoyance. "Ok yes I am but I was taken against my will when I was unconscious I might add and I need to get home I have school on Monday." I tell him rather harshly.

"Everett would kill me if I let you jump, and even if you did find a good spot to jump from trust me your not going to get far. Everett will get what he wants. He always does." He says out of desperation.

"What's your name?" I ask him ignoring the subject. 

"Landon, Everett's second in command." He says putting his hand out for me to shake it.

"Well, landon" I say taking a step closer to him leaving only a foot apart between us.

"How would you like it if someone kidnapped you while you were unconscious and held you against your will right after finding out that your half werewolf and being told your whole life your human and on top of that your parents died because of you because they couldn't figure what else you were."  I ask him trying to control my voice the best I could.

He's taken aback at my rant and is trying to decide what to say.  " I'm sorry Cleo, but that doesn't change the fact that Everett's your mate. Usually mates fall in love in an instant but you two are stubborn."

I just give him a look not knowing what to say. It's not like I can out run him anyways. Or maybe I can, but if he's telling the truth I'd fall to my death.

"Look please just come back and maybe you two can work something out ok just give him a chance." He pleads.

I look down at my boots. Was I really ready for this. To be the Luna of one of the strongest packs out there. Hell no. I haven't even finished high school and I want to go to college and be normal and have a career. Maybe if I try and play nicely he'll let me go back home to visit and then I can plan my escape.

"Ok, I'll go back." I say with a big grin on my face. I don't know if I can do this. How am I going to be able to stand by someone who takes peoples lives away like it's nothing.

"Come on." Landon says quietly putting his hand lightly on my back guiding me out of the woods. "And by the way, I think your going to make a great Luna, your fearless." He says offering me a small smile.

I return the smile feeling a blush crawl up my neck and look down. I got this.