Prologue

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

This is a work of fiction. Any names, people, places in resemblance are purely coincidental. These are my own ideas.

Things to know:

-Consuming vampire blood increases their strength.
-Only a silver bullet can kill a wolf. Not a regular bullet. (Or a special knife)
-Their bite kills a vampire and some humans.
-Empathy- can take away pain from somebody and sense emotions through touch. If developed, they can use their ability to read emotions and see through lies. But not everyone is able to develop it. Only those who have a strong mind.
-Healing is faster than humans
-Mate is the other half of your soul. You can also mate to other supernatural beings
-Moon goddess is worshipped as the "god" or "creator of the wolves" but not as many believe in her anymore as times have become more modern.
-Humans do not know werewolves exist. In this story they are mentioned. The packs are not found by the humans because of the spells cast by the fates many century's ago. To the humans, where the wolves live is almost invisible. It's a massive forest they do not wish to enter and never do.
-Fates are supernatural beings (like in mythology) who control the strings of life. They are deceptive but the wolves call upon them when they are in need.
-Other beings live and act as gods. Wolves do not all worship the moon goddess
-Mates are decided by the moon goddess. You are usually granted one mate. You can sense the bond by touch, but once you meet your mate, whether you know it or not, you begin to go into heat every month. This attracts every male if you are unmated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deep in the fortress of the Terror pack, a place that never stops raining, a man coughs terribly. The room is dark, lit by only a few candles. A woman weeps at his side, clutching onto his wrinkled hand as of it would save her own life.

"It's time." He almost whispers. His voice is raspy from the relentless illness battling to end his life. The woman wipes her tears, eyes wide. She nods solemnly and stands from his bed side. A single nod and the door opens. Two young men walk in.

"Father.." he walks over to the bed, staring down at the dying man. "You can't die, not now." His words are desperate.

The other man stands like a brick wall, unmoving. No emotion is displayed on his face. If anything, in his dark brown eyes is anger. The anger he feels isn't toward his father, but someone else.

Their father coughs uncontrollably, his wife rushing back to the bedside to grab his hand. Between shaky breaths he manages to sputter out, "You will be the new Alpha, Jax." He squeezes his hand. Jax seems no longer sad about his dying father as a smile creeps into his face.

"You hear that, brother?" His gaze falls on the other man, still standing emotionless.

"Don't do this father!" He protests, still remaining a good six feet away from the rest. If the anger in his eyes could turn into lasers, the whole place would erupt in flames.

"Zane it's time. Jax is ready to be alpha. Just accept it already." Their mother cries.

Zane growls before exiting the room with a slam of the door. Jax stands from the bed and straightens his black blazer. "I will have the staff make the arrangements." With that, he walks out of the bedroom.

~~~~

A large party erupts almost instantly. Jax stands in the middle of the roaring crowd, awaiting his destiny.

"As Alpha" he proclaims, a drink in his right hand, "we will finally reclaim our right, our place in the packs!" He holds his drink up and the crowd goes crazy. He then turns his gaze to the top of the staircase where his father grasps the railing and nods.

"Let us begin the ceremony." The old man announces.

Zane can't take it anymore. He can't watch his brother become something he doesn't deserve. The two brothers were so close in age. Only nine months set them apart. Almost impossible. They grew up sharing the same strengths. As if they were both destined to rule.

Zane always felt as if he was the one to be in charge. He would do a better job anyways. But his father never even gave him a chance, always favoring his other son, Jax. This made Zane grow up with a vendetta against his brother.

His rage had only gotten worse with age, causing more fights with his brother. He pushed everybody away because nobody could dull his anger.

Not having another word he rips himself away from the party. He would not be watching the ceremony.

He storms out onto a balcony. It is dark outside, the trees swaying in the wind far away. It sprinkles down on his shoulders. He watches the moon, wondering what will happen to him once Jax becomes his leader. They were never close, growing up in a constant war.

"Somebody seems lonely" a feminine voice says behind him. He turns around and sees a beautiful girl.

She has long red hair that floats down to her waist. Her nose is pointed slightly toward the moon and her high cheek bones make her the epitome of beauty.

"Not anymore, now that you're here." He soothes, raking her body with his eyes. It's as if ice met the fire, a sizzling smoke dulling the flames. He watches her stalk closer to him.

She wears a long red dress that glitters in the light of the moon. She is flawless. Truly a work of art. Her dress has a long slit from the floor trailing all the way up to the middle of her thigh, putting her long full legs out for display.

"Didn't your father tell you that you were going to be alpha?" She muses, her eyes looking off into the distance. He grunts in a reply, unsure if they should be discussing this sensitive topic.

"Oh well, Jax will make the better alpha anyways." She sighs. She brushes her hair back behind her ear, unaware of the danger she just stepped into.

Rage flows through his veins. How can she say that to him? Does she not know who she is talking to? He lets out a low growl and in a instant she is flipped off of the balcony.

Her terrified screams are short before she crashes into the concrete below. He looks over the balcony at her body. She lays, head cocked to the side obviously snapped from the fall. Her leg bends behind her back broken. A small pool of blood leaks out of the back of her head from a cracked skull.

He then realizes he needs to leave. Away from the Terror pack, away from his brother.

Now that his brother is going to be alpha, nothing is holding him back. He wants to escape, find somewhere new.

He storms back into the party, making his way through the crowd of people all squished together. Nobody wants to move.

Snap

Another next broken. Screams echo through the ballroom and people shriek away from the body that has now fallen to the floor. More fury fills him.

"Anybody else care to get in my way?" He growls, holding his arms out. A challenge.

Guards burst through the doors as all eyes lay on him. He smiles wickedly as they all hurl toward him.

It is a bloodbath.

Rage will not release its grasp on the wannabe Alpha. Zane battles the guards without thinking, murdering as many that try to come against him. He escapes his brothers new estate and scrapes his way through the trees.

~~~~~~~~~
The monster has been released. What a wild beginning. What will happen next ?
Leave me a comment