Online Dating |Muke

"Cal, I don't need to go on a freaking dating site! That's for, like, middle aged people who can't get any!" Michael complained. "You know, those people who get saggy in places that aren't meant to sag and they just know they will end up alone if they don't try online dating sites."

Calum didn't look up as he typed Michael's hobbies, "Mike, you need a boyfriend more than anyone I've ever met and this is the only way it'll happen."

"I am perfectly capable of finding my own boyfriend, thank you very much!"

"You would be if you actually left the house," he mumbled as he typed Michael's interests in the little box.

Hmm. What else did Michael like? So far he had down pizza, video games, gay sex, and TMNT. There had to be something else, right? Hair dye?

Michael paced the length of his room, ignoring Calum's previous comment. Sure it was true. He didn't like the outdoors. The sun and him weren't on the best of terms. The last time he tried to get a tan, he ended up with a brutal sunburn and gross peeling skin. He decided that he would stick to the pale life from then on. But other than that, he mostly stayed indoors because he didn't like to socialize. People annoyed him.

"At least let me check what you're putting up before you post it," Michael huffed, plopping down on the bed in defeat.

"Yup."

So Calum continued typing, Michael fine tuning the details and picking a good photo of himself with his current hair color (reverse skunk). And then it was published.

~~~~~~~~~~

It was a week later when Calum came barging into Michael's room with widened eyes and an open laptop.

"Get up. Get dressed. You're going on a date," Calum ordered.

"What? Now?" Michael asked, pressing pause on his iPod.

"No, in two hours. You got a match!" Calum squealed. "I already made the arrangements with him so all you have to do is look nice and be charming!"

Calum began rambling about the boy, listing off some random facts about him- gushing about how he couldn't wait until they got married so he could be Michael's best man- and spoke about the restaurant Michael was going to, describing it with exagerated hand gestures.

"Wait, you set me up on a date?" Michael asked, still unable to process the thought that he was even compatible with someone. Calum nodded frantically. "Calum, I didn't think anything would actually happen. He could be a creepy dude in his forties! I don't want to end up on a date with that!"

"Trust me, he's not. I made sure," Calum said.

"Creepy people lie, Cal."

"No, I made sure. Don't worry, he isn't a gross old dude in stained tighty-whiteys," he said.

"How can you be sure?" Michael raised an eyebrow.

Calum shrugged, "I made him send me a picture of himself holding today's newspaper."

Michael sighed. Then he stood up and went to his closet. "Oh what the hell."

"Yay!" Calum jumped up and rushed to Michael's side. "You go shower and I'll start picking out your clothes."

~~~~~~~~~~

Michael had wondered why the date was so soon. Maybe Calum had been talking to the guy for a few days now. Michael wouldn't have known it. He never checked that stupid site for any messages. But something told him that Calum would make it known to him as soon as he found out there was another human on the planet that would possibly want to be with him. Especially considering the stupid grin on his face when he ran into Michael's room.

Michael dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans and one of his nicer flannels. Calum fussed around him like a crazy grandmother, constantly straightening his shirt and fixing the buttons.

It was when he was at the restaurant, an Italian place called Mario's, that he began wondering what he had gotten himself into. Too late to back out, he walked up to the desk.

"Hi, I have a reservation," Michael said nervously. "The name is Hemmings."

The waitress smiled kindly at him and led him to a table near the back where a blonde boy sat. Once he caught sight of Michael, his mouth parted and he stood up. He was taller. The waitress smirked and made her way back to the front, maybe to get them menus. They didn't pay her much attention.

For a moment the two boys stood staring at each other, taking in one another's appearance. The blonde was wearing black jeans like Michael's and a black button down. His lip piercing suited him unnaturally well.

Finally he stuck his hand out, "Hi, I'm Luke."

Michael blinked and took it immediately. "I'll be damned if the pleasure isn't mine. I'm Michael."

The two spent time getting to know one another as they ate spaghetti and meatballs. Apparently Luke's friend Ashton had been the one to sign him up on the dating site. Once the match was made Ashton and Calum organized the date.

"I'm pretty sure that we aren't going to be the only ones dating soon though. Ashton's been texting him and blushing like crazy for days," Luke said. "He told me, and I quote, 'He's the cutest asian I've ever seen.'"

Michael nearly choked on his food laughing. "Calum isn't even asian!"

"Ashton believes otherwise."

~~~~~~~~~~

The night was beautiful. Michael, to elongate the date, had suggested a walk through the park. It had sounded incredibly cliché and girly but Luke accepted. The two boys walked through the empty park hand in hand, their breaths fogging the crisp December air.

He definitely did not regret his decision. The sky was clear midnight blue, the stars little pinpricks of fire breaking the darkness.

"I'm not usually one to go on dates," Michael admitted.

"Neither am I," Luke smiled.

"But," Michael continued, "I'm so glad I agreed to going on this one. If Calum hadn't signed me up for that stupid website, I would be sitting in my room right now playing FIFA like always instead of having a great time with you."

Luke's already flushed cheeks turned an even deeper shade of red. Michael stopped and faced him, their fingers still loosely intertwined.

"Do you..." Michael trailed off.

"What is it?" Luke asked.

"N-nothing," Michael looked down. Luke was wearing black vans.

"Tell me," he said. "Please, Mikey?"

Michael smiled at the name and locked eyes with Luke. "I was wondering if you kiss on the first date."

In response, Luke wrapped his arms around Michael's neck and pulled him in. The kiss was gentle and beautiful and it was like their lips were made for each other's. Luke pulled back after some time and leaned their foreheads together.

"Does that answer your question?"

"You taste like spaghetti," Michael chuckled. He pecked Luke's lips again. "I like spaghetti."

"So yes to a second date?" Luke said.

"Hell yes."

~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! Thanks for reading :D
Let me know what you thought of it
You can give me a prompt and I will dedicate the shot to you
The next one I believe will be Cashton!
Okay byeee