New Years |Mashton

"Stupid couples," Michael mumbled. "Enough PDA already."

Ashton rolled his eyes. "You're only saying that because you don't have a boyfriend."

"Am not," he insisted. "PDA is unnecessary and gross. If you're going to make out with you girlfriend or boyfriend, take it somewhere else."

"Michael, relax. It's New Years Eve! We're at a New Years Eve party! Of course couples are going to be kissing. I mean, there's literally a kissing tradition."

Ashton knew Michael was bitter about relationships. The younger boy had never had a boyfriend and he was already eighteen which always depressed Michael. He never had been kissed or cuddled or anything romantic and sweet. Ashton wished more than anything that he could change that. He had wanted to ask Michael out for two years now but never mustered the courage. In a way, he felt guilty about it.

"It's a stupid tradition. What's the point? So you kiss at midnight! Big deal," Michael shrugged.

Ashton also knew that Michael would do anything to hide the fact that he was lonely.

"Ten minutes to midnight!" A woman shouted.

Michael frowned. "Why are we here again? I mean, your family is great but why did I have to come?"

"Because you love me and want to save me from having to spend time with my annoying cousin May," Ashton said. "Also my Aunt Rosa is insane and I don't feel like dealing with her."

"Right," Michael nodded. "So what else is there to do?"

Ashton shrugged. "Nothing really. We just hang out and wait until midnight."

Michael sighed. "That's boring. What's so damn special about New Years Eve anyways?"

"Four minutes!"

"What's so damn special?! Mike, it's the end of one year and the start of another! It's when you can start over, wipe clean the slate, and begin again. It's a new year," Ashton exclaimed. His Uncle George glanced sideways at the boys. "Michael, it's a magical time full of hope and joy and love."

"Three minutes left everyone!"

Michael chuckled humorlessly. "Yeah well, I don't have any of those things."

Ashton frowned, "What do you mean?"

"Well I kind of lost hope a while ago with people and everything so I'm not particularly joyful. And no one even loves me except my mum," Michael said.

Ashton shook his head slowly. "You're a fucking idiot, Michael," he said. Michael raised his eyebrows. "You're such an idiot."

"Wow thanks," Michael said sarcastically, "I love hearing that. Please keep the conpliments coming."

"Two minutes!"

But Ashton wasn't joking. He was mad. And keeping in mind that it was New Years, a time for beginnings, confidence surged through his veins. Blind and angry confidence, but he didn't care.

"How could you even think that? Even for a second?"

"Think what?"

"That no one loves you!" Ashton cried, throwing his hands in the air.

Michael shrugged. "It's kind of true."

"It is not true," Ashton grit his teeth. "Michael, people do love you. I'm serious, don't fucking roll your eyes. People love you, Mikey-"

"One minute!" The woman interrupted Ashton. His family cheered loudly and toddler Harry ran across the room giggling wildly.

"Who, Ashton? Tell me exactly who loves me," Michael said. "And don't bullshit me."

"Your family loves you, Michael. I know they would do anything to protect you."

"Forty-five seconds!"

"Your friends love you. Calum knows everything about you and is always there for you. And even if you do fight with Luke from time to time, I know he's got your back. I know it."

"Fifteen seconds!!!"

"And I love you, Michael!" Ashton shouted over the noise. "I love you. You're my best friend. I would do anything for you."

"Ten..."

"You... you love me?" Michael asked hesitantly.

"Nine..."

"More than the Earth and the moon and the stars," Ashton said.

"Eight..."

Michael smiled. "You mean it?"

"Seven..."

Ashton stepped close to him and grabbed his hand, interlocking their fingers. "Absolutely."

"Six...

Five...

Four..."

Michael took a step closer and wrapped his arms around Ashton's waist.

"Three..."

Ashton looped his arms around Michael neck and stared caringly into his eyes.

"Two..."

"Happy New Year, Mikey," Ashton said.

"One!"

Ashton pulled Michael in to a passionate kiss made of fire and love and joy and hope. Michael deepened it, not wanting the feeling to stop. He brought his hand up to Ash's cheek and cupped it. They smiled and broke apart, barely hearing the cheers and "HAPPY NEW YEAR!"s and the fireworks.

"I love you, too," Michael said.

!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you enjoyed this little shot and have a great 2015!!! Love you all ♡