Chop

(Franklin arrives home but hides around the corner of the house as he hears his aunt is about to leave with one of her friends.)

Denise Clinton: Girl, of course I saved that poor boy's life. But you know what? It's getting to be a bit much.

Friend: I have no idea how you cope.

Denise Clinton: 'Course I cope. I'm a woman.

Friend: Ain't that the truth?

Denise Clinton: But, girl, I done done all that I can do, but you know how boys are.

(Denise is exhausted after spirit walking from the front door to the sidewalk.)

Denise Clinton: Wait a minute... Oh, girl... Oh, hey, how much further?

Friend: We ain't even gone five yards yet.

Denise Clinton: Okay. I know. I'm just asking.

Friend: This is spirit walking. Exercises body and soul. It's all the rage.

(Denise and her friend start walking down the sidewalk whilst chanting feminist phrases together.)

Friend: We are women and we are free!

Denise Clinton: We are women...

Friend: Bringing an end to the patriarchy.

Friend: We are women, hear our pain,

Denise Clinton: We are women, hear our pain,

Friend: we are women, hear our shout,

Denise Clinton: we are women, hear our shout,

Friend: and we are free, have no doubt.

Denise Clinton: and we are women, have no doubt.

Friend: We are women and we are free...

(The two go out of hearing range, Franklin walks up to the front door as Lamar shows up on the sidewalk behind him, walking his dog Chop.)

Lamar Davis: Damn, F is that your auntie?

Franklin Clinton: Yeah, thank God I missed her crazy ass. She spirit walking and shit now, man... that's just her attempts to...

Lamar Davis: Hey, hey! Don't be talking shit about your auntie, man, she got... I mean she cool as a motherfucker, man, come on.

Franklin Clinton: Come where?

Lamar Davis: We gotta go pick up some shit from round the corner, man. We can walk and talk at the same time, my friend.

Franklin Clinton: Why the fuck we can't drive?

Lamar Davis: Around the block? With Chop? You need to walk with your fat ass.

Franklin Clinton: Yeah, okay, you tall, lanky son of a bitch.

(The two are walking towards the meeting site.)

Lamar Davis: Come on, homie, we ain't got all day, let's go.

Franklin Clinton: Fo' sho, but what you got up?

Lamar Davis: Kidnapping, fool. That clown D, that OG fool from Ballas.

Franklin Clinton: Dog, I told you; no more gangbanging, retro-vengeance bullshit. I'm trying to make some fucking paper.

Lamar Davis: You gonna make some paper, loc. And ain't nobody out here gangbanging, it just looks like that. You gotta know the difference, man.

Franklin Clinton: Fuck, man, great. My aunt will be very happy, homie. She wants me dead anyway so she can get the fucking house.