Chapter 8 - Premature Farewell?

A/N - You know the whole thing with characters instead of their original, but there are also Artie, Martha and Kirill

While there were disassembles in the house, Eggie decided to study the shred of Sonia’s fur and to listen some music. What composition, probably, only she knows. But as soon as she touched the shred with the help of tongs, the light was cut out everywhere. Now the scientist woman was clearly understanding what influenced the incident on the baseball field. Powerful discharge of electricity (energy). Taking the lighter in the hands, a woman went to the switch next to the shelf, which was full of drones (this is the same place where Eggie demanded Stone cuddle against the wall - A/N). As soon as the light was turned on, for a couple of seconds it was possible to notice the word “Badniks” at the very top of the switch. But at some point she did not pay attention to Miss Stone, who appeared out of nowhere, because of which she made a scream.

Miss Stone asked her:

- Ma'am, do you want a latte with Austrian goat milk?

- Do I look like a kid to you? - Eggie asked her assistant, but then she answered viciously - Of course I want a latte. I LOVE HOW YOU'RE MAKING IT!

Suddenly they heard a sound. Miss Robotnik went to Sonia’s coat of wool lying on a small plate and there was shown that the energy inside of it was unlimited.

The scientist woman smiled viciously.

- Prepare the prototype. - "began to go towards her ship, similar to the "Big Arms". - With this energy, my cars will finally reach the greatest perfection.

Back to our heroes...

So... The parents of both James and Artie were connected (ropes). Of course, having come to their senses, they tried to be kind, asking Artie to untie them. But he flatly refused to fulfill the request. And James... Let's just say he was angry at his parents. He wished for their death, but knowing that it would be too much, he decided to abandon such an undertaking. As for the grandparents, they decided to help Sonia to return the rings, but they were also interested in her choice to leave the Earth or stay on it. Artie also decided to join in to help, about which his parents were very unhappy. They thought that everything that was happening now was a figment of their imagination. And soon they will wake up. But no. This is the reality. Sooner or later they will have to get used to it.

- Okay... - James began. - My car, unfortunately, can safely go to the landfill now. 

- Like you, along with this ugly creature - both his and Artie's father said, looking at Sonia.

Artie decided to reassure Sonia. Kirill and Martha decided to call a taxi to get to the building they needed, on the floor of which there are hedgehog's rings. And James punched his father in one place, from which he writhed and in a girlish voice said:

- Damn scum.

Artie walked over to his parents and said what made them shock:

- I'm not going to live with you. You are the worst parents in the world. As soon as this whole thing will be over, I will be living with my older brother and grandparents. - and left on the street, to get into the car that came after him, his brother, Sonia and his grandparents.

Some time later…

Along the way, of course, the taxi driver asked why Sonia looked so strange. They had to say that it was normal for her (she was dressed in the same way as then, in the bar)

Getting out of the car, all five began to think how to climb to the very top. Sonia also learned that the building, on the tower of which there is her bag with rings, is called the Transamerica Pyramid.

Sonia herself decided to try her luck to get to the very top of the pyramid. But after a couple of seconds she returned, answering:

- To get on the roof, we need a key.

- And what will you recommend to do now? - Artie asked

- What do you think, let's go the easy way or the hard way? - Kirill asked his beloved and his grandchildren.

- Have we ever looked for easy ways? - James asked his and Artie's grandfather.

- The hard way it is. - having said this, Martha prepared her bag (a large one into which Sonia can easily fit into - A/N - What did you think? That Sonia would fit into a small purse into which at least a purse, keys and medicines could fit in?)

Sonia was in the bag and tried not to make a sound until they were on the roof. Our heroes decided to pretend that they had arrived to get rid of the jumper on the roof. And the most interesting thing was that following from the document that James showed the girl (It is not real, but the girl believed), they arrived to get rid of the jumper all the way from Maintana. But as soon as they were in the elevator, Sonia could not stand the smell of the bag and began to make comments. Good thing there were no more people, except for four of them (and Sonia in the bag). Because even at least two people would not fit inside of the elevator.

At the very top of the pyramid...

As soon as James, Artie and their grandparents were on the roof, James opened the bag and Sonia got out and started asking:

- How horrible! What did you keep here that there is such a stink? Fish? Cheese? Pickles?

- Calm down, Sonia. - James told her, but suddenly he saw a bag - But isn't this the bag where you keep your rings?

Sonia turned to the side where James was looking and ran to the bag, took it, pulled out a ring from it and answered:

- Yes, it is.

- So you're leaving us? - Artie asked Sonia

- I don't know. -  Sonia answered. - Even now I am reasoning and I can’t decide whether should I to leave or to stay.

- Sonia... - James sank to her level and looked directly at her, as she did the same. - If you want to leave, then it's okay. I will understand.

- We will all understand. - Kirill supported the conversation

- We have no right to stop you. - Martha said

- Thanks. - Sonia answered. - I really would like to stay.

- By the way, James, it seems to me that you both looking great together - Kirill began to apply over his grandson and Sonia

Both blushed.

- What?! - James and Sonia asked in surprise.

- What? I think your grandfather is telling the truth, James - Martha supported the conversation.

- "turned away, red like a tomato" - You still say that I’ve been deeply in love with Sonia since the moment I met her. - James answered

Sonia blushed at his words even more.

- "Was he really in love with me, but was trying to hide it?” - Sonia asked herself

- Human and Mobian? - Artie asked. - A very interesting couple will come out of this, I admit honestly.

- Please! Just stop - James asked his relatives, getting rid of the blush on his cheeks. - Sonia, so will you stay?

- “got rid of the blush” - Sorry, James, but I can’t. Yes, it will hurt me to leave this planet, but here's what I will say: these last days on Earth were the best in my life.

- "sighs" - You know, for some reason it hurts me to say goodbye - James told her - I will miss you, you know?

Artie hugged his brother. James took him in his arms. And their grandparents hugged them from two sides.

Sonia turned her back to them. She looked sad. But she made a choice. Leaving Earth means leaving Earth. She pulled out the ring and threw it. But as soon as the ring got ready to become a portal, it crashed into a drone.

To be continued...

A/N - The next chapter might be the final one