𝐢𝐢. 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

𝐐𝐮𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐨, 𝐕𝐢𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐚
𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐎'𝐒 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒 raps against the mahogany door of the house that belonged to, Carson and Eddie Brown. The twins that worked on the same team as her, she had just gotten a summon from their boss ― Leslie Gonzalez, saying they had a case.

"What?" Eddie grumbles as he throws open the door, to find a fully dressed Avery standing at his door. "You've got to be kidding me." He speaks, pursing his lips ― and Avery gave him a weak smile.

"Sorry to say it, but we have a case. Pack your shit and let's go." Avery speaks, pushing past him and into the small apartment. Eddie scoffed, shutting the door behind him ― letting a bitter chuckle come from his lips.

"Oh sure, come on in." He mused, as he walked towards the back room ― where his younger brother slept. "Carson!" He snapped, hitting the door, hard with his fist. "Wake the hell up, we've got a case."

"Fuck off!" Carson snapped through the closed door, before a loud thump ― indicated that he had fallen out of his bed, Avery slumped down onto the sofa before placing her head between her hands.

"When was the last time you got some proper rest?" Eddie asks, as he spins on his heels ― he had decided to halt his original action and look at his close friend. She looked up at him with a cocked brow.

"Like, two weeks ago." She speaks, yawning ― quickly covering her mouth, with her hand. Eddie sighs, before turning around and walking towards his room to grab his bag. He didn't know if they were leaving town or if the case was local.

"Do you know if the case is local?" Carson asks, his head peaking out of his door and Avery smirked.

"Oh. Good morning, sunshine." She teased, and he threw a threatening glare her way. "No. I don't know." She spoke, pursing her lips together. After Raisa ― or now known to everyone, as Avery ― faked her death 21 years ago, she managed to get her degree in criminology and obsessional crimes.

She then joined a team in the FBI, where she caught and put away people that she used to be like. "Hey, you alright?" Carson asks, sitting down beside Avery and she nodded ― plastering a fake smile on her face.

She was now 39, and single ― no kids, no marriage, she did however have an ex back in Russia. Her ex fiancee. "Yeah. I'm alright," Avery hummed, and Carson gave her a skeptical look before nodding, still not totally believing her but decided to drop it.

"Alright, are you two ready?" Eddie questions, pursing his lips and Avery nodded before standing up. Carson not far behind her, as the three of them headed towards the door.

✶✶✶

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 Avery's team sat in the small, cramped room that they called their conference room. "Four murders, all looks like hits." Leslie speaks up ― and Avery looks at the screen confused. "Sasha Brown, Caleb Carson, Ivon Irish and Orin Carno." She says, showing the four dead victims.

"Jesus." Avery muttered, tapping her fingers against the table ― Eddie had at that time, had a mug pressed up against his lips but pulled it down after seeing the victims. "No offence, but we don't normally handle serial murders, why aren't the BAU being called in?" Avery questions, her eyebrows furrowing.

"The BAU are still getting called in, but there is also something in our speciality." Leslie speaks, hitting the space button on her keyboard. There was hit list on the latest victims chest, and that's what this team specialised in. "The last name is what is worrying everyone." Leslie speaks, hitting the remote.

There on the hit list was the one name that shouldn't be there, Raisa Shayk. "Raisa Shayk committed suicide 21 years ago, she's dead." Leslie explains, and Avery leans back ― as it runs over in her head.

She had to remember, no one here knew her real identity. "Why would her name be on it then?" Carson speaks up, leaning forward on his arms. Avery pursed her lips, and leaned back in her chair. "If she's dead, then these guys either don't know it."

"Or that body they found 21 years ago, wasn't her body." Leslie says, "Many people believed that the body found in that abandoned building, wasn't actually Raisa's."

"But they found plenty of evidence that it was." Eddie spoke up from beside Avery, "For one, her bracelet was found beside the body, and the knife had her prints on it ― the one that was found next to her body."

"Well, now. That's what we need to find out, why is Raisa's name on the list, and if she's alive." A unknown voice to everyone speaks from behind them, and they all spun around to see the BAU standing there, "Where is she right now, because not only is she on that list ― she's in danger."

"David Rossi." Leslie speaks, standing up ― her red hair falling down her shoulders as she headed towards the older male that had just spoken. "it's good to see you again," She speaks, and Avery let out a shaky breath.

"Guys, this is David Rossi and the BAU. We'll be working alongside them to find the killer." Leslie says, and Carson nodded ― while Avery just let her eyes wander across the BAU, it was then that she noticed that two members of the team were missing ― Aaron Hotchner and Emily Prentiss.

However, Avery didn't question it.