𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐬

𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐬
𝐐𝐮𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐨, 𝐕𝐢𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐚
𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐫

                        𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 lips into a thin line, and runs her fingers across her forehead. She had only asked why the BAU hadn't been asked to take this case, and then she found out that they were having a joined task force. 

"Avery Rico, right?" A voice asks, and she looks up to see David Rossi standing there. Avery hummed, lacing her fingers together as she leans over her file ― Rossi noticed the quick movement, but decided to ignore it. "You joined the bureau, almost 19 years ago." Rossi speaks.

"Impressive." He speaks, closing his own file. "However, there is literally nothing other than your impressive background, in your personal file." Rossi said, and Avery tilts her head to the side, licking her bottom lip. 

"Yeah. So what, I like to keep my personal and professional life separate." Avery speaks, standing up ― and crossing her arms over her chest. "It's nothing to do with you, and it's nothing to do with my team, either." Avery spoke, before walking away. 

"Did she just walk away from you?" Derek Morgan questions, as he approaches Rossi. David turned to look at him.

"Have Garcia dig into her past." David speaks, turning to face where Avery was now standing with, "She's hiding something." Morgan crosses his arms over his chest before humming in agreement.

Avery looked back at the two agents that were leaning against her desk. "Do the BAU always talk to other team members like their suspects?" Avery mused, pursing her lips togeather as she looked back at Leslie ― who in turn looked at the two agents.

"Not normally." She speaks, "Why. Are they looking into you?" She questions, and Avery snorted with a sarcastic smile on her lips. Leslie sighed, pushing her own lips into a thin line. "Jesus, Av." 

"Hey. I've asked why they're looking into my private life, they won't say." Avery speaks, running her fingers through her hair ― before her phone went off on her desk. "Jesus," Avery says, before jogging over to her phone. 

"Agent Rico." Avery speaks, as she pulls out a notebook. Her ear was pressed firmly against the phone, "What, where?" Avery questioned, closing her eyes ― "Yeah, alright. We're on our way." She says, before putting the phone back onto the receiver.

"We've got another." Avery spoke, and Leslie looked up ― before nodding, telling her to go. Avery gripped her holster, slipping her gun into it before Leslie spoke up. 

"Hey Av." Leslie spoke, "Take Morgan and JJ with you." She says, and Avery gritted her teeth together before nodding. 

✶✶✶

               𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐏𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 yellow cop tape up, letting Morgan and JJ follow after her. "What's the victims name?" Avery questions the local beat cop. The cop opened his notepad, and looked for the name. 

"William Brown. 45 years old, was apparently just got out of his groceries." He speaks, handing her the small notepad. "This was found on his chest," He says, handing her the exact same hit list, that was on top of the last victims chest ― although there was a slight difference. His name had been scratched off, the only names that were now on the list was two others and then her own. 

"Everything alright?" Morgan asks, noticing her frozen reflection ― and Avery shook her head, before turning to face the two BAU agents. She handed them the hit list before heading over to the body, wanting to look at the body itself. 

"There's no sign of torture." JJ speaks as she joins Avery, looking at the body. "It looks like a straight up execution." JJ says, softly ― feeling bad for the victim as Avery took a shaky breath in, it wasn't surprising with the way this victim was killed. 

One bullet to the head, that's mob shit. She thought to herself, as she stood up and brushed herself off. "Cartels and mobs normally do hits, don't they?" Avery asks, and JJ hums. 

"You catching onto something?" JJ muses, and Avery presses her lips together before nodding silently. "Okay, talk." She says, as Morgan joins beside the two of them. Avery laces her hands behind her back as she looked down at the victim.

"What do we know about William's past?" She hums, as she leans down beside his body. "About his connections, because someone doesn't randomly have this tattoo." She speaks, pulling up the sleeve of his shirt. 

On it, stood proudly the Russian's mafia's brand. "Is that?" Morgan questioned, and Avery nodded in agreement. "I'll get Garcia looking into his criminal record, and see what could've let to him being killed." Morgan speaks, digging around in his coat pocket from his phone before walking away from the two of them.

"How did you know?" JJ questions, genuinely wanting to know how she knew about the mafia, and cartels when she worked hit lists and murders connected to that ― that don't normally work with mafia and cartel ones though.

"Lets just say, I have a certain expertise with mafias and cartels." Avery speaks, as she pulls off her gloves. "It becomes useful." Avery speaks, before side stepping agent Jareau. "Oh, and JJ. Please tell your team to back off, if they want to survive this." She speaks, and JJ looks at her with a cocked brow. 

"You were right, Morgan." JJ spoke, as Morgan made her way to stand beside her. "She's hiding something, did Garcia pick anything up on her?" 

"No. There's nothing, Rossi was right. Her background is literally non existent until she was about 23 when she joined the Bureau." Morgan says, "I'm going to call Hotch, he knows more than anyone about people with wiped backgrounds or no existent ones anyway." He speaks, and JJ nods in agreement.