𝐯. 𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐨

𝐯. 𝐀𝐫𝐥𝐨
𝐌𝐨𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐰
21 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐫

                       𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐎 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 around the back-garden, as Raisa was letting Alla do her hair. "Sisters, come play with me." The fifteen year old shouted, and Raisa raised her eyebrow ― was he really challenging her, right now.

"You're going to regret that little brother," Raisa spoke, as she stood ― running after him, and he squealed before running off, squealing like a little girl. Raisa was right on his heels, chapping at his heels. "I would surrender Arlo!" She shouted, playfully after him.

"Hell no!" Arlo shouted backwards as he continued to run through the woods. Raisa chuckled as she tackled him to the floor, "oomph, get off your heavy." He whined, and Raisa cocked a brow at him ― pinning him against the floor. 

"Did you just call me fat?" Raisa questioned, teasingly. Arlo smirked as he flipped them both over. Now Raisa may be older, but she was definitely smaller than him in body size. "This isn't fair, your taller than me." She pouted as Arlo sprinted off again. "Keep going Arlo, I'll catch up!" She shouted as she took of sprinting again. 

A smile was plastered on the eighteen year olds face, as the fifteen year old was spotted at the edge of a river. She started to slow, when she noticed the shallow breaths he was taking ― and she bit her lip. "Do you think we find peace?" Arlo questioned softly.

"What do you mean?" Raisa speaks, coming to stand beside her brother. 

"You know, I think about it sometimes." Arlo mused, pursing his small lips. "Is there such thing as peace, once we die?" Arlo questions, and Raisa's lips parted as she looks out at the water, she wondered what brought this on.

"Why are you thinking about this Arlo?" Raisa questioned softly, and Arlo knew that he had to tell her. He pulled up his sleeve to show, many scars ― all intentionally made by himself and Raisa covered her mouth. "Arlo―" She says, but he shakes his head.

Not wanting to receive any sympathy, especially from Raisa. He felt her warm hand wrap around his wrist, and he hisses when she touches on of his freshly made wounds. "Sorry," Raisa speaks, "have you cleaned these?" She questioned, and Arlo shakes his head.

"Jesus Arlo. These can get infected if not cleaned," Raisa spoke, pushing one of his blonde hairs away from her face ― he was too young to even think about stuff like this, but apparently he did. 

"Do you," He questions, and Arlo looks up at him. "Believe in peace?" 

"I believe that everyone finds peace, and happiness." Raisa speaks, looking out at the water. "Like they're finally at rest, and they don't have to worry about anyone anymore but in this life, pain reminds us that were human, and like love ― it shows us that were not invincible to those feelings." She speaks as her eyes rolled over the river.

"What made you think of that Arlo?" Raisa asks, and Arlo sighs. 

"It doesn't matter," Arlo speaks, "I just thought about it," He speaks, before turning on his heel and walking back towards the mansion ― Raisa's eyebrows furrowed as her eyes board into his back as he retreated. "You coming!" He shouted, back at her without turning around and she sighed before letting her feet move. 

Once they were back near the mansion, Arlo slipped into the building as Raisa and then Alla looked after him. "Is our brother alright?" Alla questions, and Raisa purses her lips before looking over at her and shaking her head.

"No." Raisa speaks, running her fingers through her hair. "I don't think he is, but he's not letting anyone in." She sighed, and Alla gnawed on his cheek ― before walking towards Raisa and pulling her into her arms. 

"There's something you should see." Alla speaks, pulling her towards the mansion as Raisa's eyebrows furrowed. 

✶✶✶

     𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐀'𝐒 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐒 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄 significantly, why the hell are we at the basement? She thought to herself as Alla pulled her by the arm towards the room ― "Hold on," She says, pressing her finger against the pin lock and then typing in the pin. 

The door cracked open, and she pushed it with all her strength ― inside, was a torture room. Raisa's eyebrows rose again, but this time it was because of the room. "I saw dad in here with Arlo a couple weeks ago, abusing him." 

"The fuck?" Raisa questions, clenching her fists together as she tries to control her untameable anger. Alla massaged her temples as she gnawed on her bottom lip ― "This is where he is getting all these bruises from." Raisa speaks, pursing her lips.

"I think so," Alla speaks, wiping away her tear from her face. "I think, our father is just loosing it with Arlo every single day." She says, clenching her teeth together as she reaches forward and squeezing her shoulder.

"I'm going to kill him." Raisa speaks up, pulling away from her sisters hold. "I'm going to fucking kill him, and so help me ― I will not hesitate to kill him." She speaks before storming out of the basement, her temper raising instantly as she tried to control it ― but couldn't.