𝐯𝐢. 𝐢𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐟

𝐯𝐢. 𝐢𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐟
𝐀𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲'𝐬 𝐀𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞

            𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐖𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍 the door, finding Eddie standing there with a small, soft smile. "Hey there, Av." He spoke softly, pushing a blonde hair behind his ear as Avery let her gun rest against her hip. "Want to explain why you took your gun to the door, you never do that?" He hummed, and Avery sighed.

"Doesn't matter," She mused, pursing her lips. "What are you doing here Eddie?" She spoke, leaning her hip against the door frame. He handed her a file, in which there was dates, and Avery rubbed her lip. "What is this?" She speaks, confused on what she was looking at.

"Leslie wanted me to run this past you," He spoke up, "It's the sightings many people said that they had of Raisa Shayk after she died, now that we think she is alive ― we need to know where she is, to save her." 

"Okay. Tell her I'll get back to her," She speaks, going to shut the door ― but Eddie put his foot between the door and the frame. "Eddie, I almost crushed your foot. What is it?" She speaks, opening the door further to see his worried face.

"Are you alright? You've been off the past two days." He says, and Avery rubbed her eyes with her thumb and index finger ― she thought her behaviour had been consistent, apparently not. 

"Yeah. I'm good," She speaks, pulling her fingers away from her eyes. "Just tired, and in need of sleep." She said, giving him a tight lipped smile ― in which he returned before finally announcing.

"Don't I know it." He says, going to turn around. "Get some sleep, Avery. We're going to have a long few weeks ahead of us." He says, before turning a corner and disappearing down the hallway. 

"You're so screwed if they find out the truth," Ivanna spoke up from behind her sister ― causing her to jump a mile up, before whacking her across the head with the file. "Fuck! You know I'm right." She says, massaging the spot.

"I know," Avery speaks, flopping down on the seat ― her hand rubbing over her face, a bitter sigh flowing from her parted lips as Ivanna sat down beside her. Ivanna gripped Avery's hand in her own. 

"So what exactly are you going to do?" Ivanna hummed, and Avery sighed before shaking her head and leaning into her sister. "You're going to do something, right?" Ivanna questioned, shakily ― knowing that her life depended on it.

"I know that I have too, but I don't know how to go about it." Avery spoke up, running her fingers through her hair before standing up. "And there is only one person that I know can help, but I haven't spoken to him in years." 

"Iosif." Ivanna muttered the name, knowing she ― herself was still in contact with the said male, and ex fiancee of her sister. Avery's head snapped towards her, "I hate to admit it, but we never lost contact." 

"Hmm." Avery hummed, and she sighed. 

"I can get you two a meeting, but you owe me." She spoke, pointing a warning finger at her older sister, "big time," She spoke, seriously and Avery gave her a sarcastic smile and she gave her a bright smile in return before hopping off to make the phone call. 

✶✶✶

               𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐕𝐄 her sister had set her and Iosif up in this cold and dingy place, it was an old abandoned car park ― much like the place where she had faked her death, a bitter frown formed on her face at the reminder. 

A slick black car entered the parking lot, and Avery pushed herself off of her own car ― Iosif had really made a name for himself apparently, she thought to herself as he parked nearby and got out of his car. 

His sunglasses were still pulled over his chocolate brown eyes, as the sun hit the concrete floor and Avery takes a deep breath, he pulled them off as his eyes raked over her body. "Raisa," he whispered, and Avery let out a small squeal before running at him.

He opened his arms, and she curled her body in his arms. "I'm so sorry." She muttered, apologises as she buried her head into his chest and he sighed ― burying his face into her long brown hair. 

"I know." He whispered, kissing the top of her head. "So, you going to explain why you asked to talk to me? And here of all places," He hummed, and she pulled backwards out of his arms before totally sighing and pulling away from him.

"I work for the FBI now," She speaks, and he cocks a brow at her ― he was never really involved in the mafia life but she knew ― he knew that she was involved in it. "I know, total shift from what I used to do." She says, and Iosif smiles softly at her.

"But, they don't know my true identity and I'm on a hit list." She speaks, pursing her lips and Iosif sighs.

"let me guess, from your precious father." Iosif mused, pursing his own lips as he sighs ― raking his hands through his black hair, as Avery nodded. "Jesus Christ, I always hated that man." He spoke causing a snort to come out of Avery's nose.

"I don't think anyone did, Iosif. Now please I need to know what to do next." She mused, rolling her lips together as she evened out her lipstick and Iosif sighed before grinding to a halt and Avery joined. 

"Alright."