Chaper 1: The Emerging

A/n - I don't own Steven Universe. All these characters belong to Rebecca Sugar.
Hope you'll enjoy :3

The Kindergarten. A horrible place. Where gems are made. You were made in one of the many kindergartens on Homeworld. Specifically The Gama kindergarten.

You remember jumping down from your hole onto the ground. You looked around. No one else was there.
You heard a loud crash.

There right in front of you emerged another gem. Another (g/t).
The gem looked up at you.
She looked a lot like you.

Same (h/c) (hair color) hair, although a little longer than yours.
Same (e/c) (eye color). But there was a one big difference between yourself and her. Her body was big and had muscles. You were a little slimmer but taller than her.

You shook your head. 'You don't have time for this (g/t)!' You told yourself. You walked away from the (g/t) and started to look for a warppad. Something in the back of your head told you to find a warppad.

As you were making your way though the kindergarten you could see more (g/t)s emerging.
You didn't pay any attention to them. You finally found a warppad.
As any other newly made gem, you had to report your existence to the nearest kindergartner.

Just as you were about to step on the warppad it glowed and a gem wrapped in.
They were tall with yellowish square-shaped hair.
Judging by the olive colored triangle on the side of her neck it was a Peridot.

"All (g/t)s come here!" She yelled.
All of the other (g/t)s started to walk towards her.

The Peridot looked at you and summoned a screen on the top of her finger.
"State your name".

Without thinking, you moved your arms and made a diamond shape with your hands.
"(g/t), Facet 4G Cut 6XT".

The Peridot looked on her screens she had in front of her and began to type out a basic profile for you
(this is era 1 so she doesn't have any limb-enhancers) .
She looked through the screen at the other (g/t)s.
She lowered her screen.

She glanced between you and the other gems.

"You look different than the others"
She hovered the screen in front of you and used it to scan your body.

She separated your scan from the screen.

She than turned to the crowd of other (g/t)s and scanned all of them at once.

The screen flashed between the scans of all of the other (g/t)s but all of them had an 'R' flash over them.

"All runts, this can't be-" The Peridot started.

Runts? What could be wrong with the others? They're perfectly fine aren't they?

She stopped to look at the screen, because some new message popped up.

"You!" You jumped as she pointed at you.

"You are requested to see Pink Diamond".

"Quickly get on and I'll warp us there!" . You quickly got onto the warppad.
The warp-pad glowed and you disappeared.

~~~~~

You warped inside a Pink palace.
The Peridot quickly got off and started to walk towards a big door at the end of the Halfway.

The door was beautifully decorated with painted roses and vines all around one person in the middle.
Pink Diamond.

You quickly followed behind Peridot.

Two large Rose quartz gems stood in front of the magnificent door.
Peridot stopped and made the diamond symbol with her hands, like you did before.
Without realizing, you did the diamond salute as well.

The two Rose quartzes eyed you but saluted in return.

What is this? Is this like a hello?

The door opened and you and the Peridot walked it.

She saluted again.
"M-my Diamond Peridot Facet 7T Cut 5XL.

I present to you the (g/t) you ordered to see" She motioned to you.
You saluted and bowed.

"Perfect. With the others umm- Leave them be for now. You may leave Peridot" Pink Diamonds voice sounded powerful but somehow gentle.

The Peridot left. Pink Diamond turned around and looked at you.
You were still saluting.

"At ease"
You let your hands down.

"My Diamond, may I ask why have you summoned me?".
She looked at you witha slight glint of curiosity.
She leaned down and layed her hand on the ground.
You stepped onto it and Pink lifted you up to look at you closely.
Her eyes were scanning you.
Watching you.
Looking for any imperfection.

"Such a perfect cut" she spoke.

" I know it may seem strange to you. To be called to a Diamond right after you emerged. But- no need to be afraid, you've done nothing wrong"

You nodded in understanding.

"You see, I've summoned you, not because you are the odd one"

"But the only perfect one".
She breathed out in awe.

You tensed.
"Perfect for what, my diamond?"

"It's a shame, that she'll be your owner. A bit of a waste if you ask me. But no matter, I can always try and make more"
She patted your head lightly with a single finger and smiled.

That didn't really answer your question.

"I apologize my diamond but. I don't understand. What am I for?" You asked.

"Well your gem kind was meant originally to replace Pearls for the elite gems, however only you seem to be the only successful outcome of this project. That is why I've summoned you. You are now getting a new owner"

END OF CHAPTER

A/n - So what do think so far? Is this book worth it? What will happen next? I don't know. Im just making the story up as I go so not even I know where is it going. So I hope you all have a great day.
Bye :3