Chapter 11: Cat Fingers

Jasper was sitting on the couch with your head laying on her lap, and Peridot was sitting in the kitchen, analizing a piece of shard she found. Steven and Lapis came running in (more like flying in). "Hey Peridot!" lapis said and shape shifted into a Sea pancake. "Look! Look! I'm a sea pancake! Flap, flap" She said while flaping her fins like wings. "Actually its rightful name is 'Manta Ray'. They're found mostly in tropical or subtropical waters. They are what you would call the 'filter feeders', because they eat large quantities of zooplankton" Peridot said. "I thought they were called the 'Majestic sea flap-flap'" Steven said. You could hear Jasper snicker at that. You couldn't help but smile. "Who told you that?" Peridot asked. "Dad" Steven replied. "I'M THE MAJESTIC SEA FLAP-FLAP" Lapis yelled while flaping her fins "Lapis do more!" Steven said. "Lapis no!" Peridot pleaded. "Lapis YES!" Lapis replied and shape shifted into Peridot. "I'm Peridot! I'm always boring people with my dumb information about the Earth nobody asked for" Lapis mocked her. You lifted your head, stood up from the couch and shape shifted into Peridot as well. "I'm always right and everybody else is doing everything wrong" You said. Everyone laughed except for Peridot. She growled and went into her room.

"So? You wanna try?" Lapis asked Steven. "Yeah! I wana try!" He said happily. "I'm assuming that you want to try shape shifting?" You ask. "Yeah! Do you have any advice?" Steven said. "Mhhm... Well I think you should try with something simple. Like hmm, maybe a cat?" You said and shape shifted into a fluffy (g/c) cat. "Woah. How'd you do that?" Steven asked. "Well, whenever gems shape shift, they just imagine the object or the being they want to change into, and than concentrate their energy to change their appearance" You said and nuzzled Jaspers leg. "Aww, you're so cute!" Jasper said, picked you up and started to pet you. You purred. "Just think like a cat and shake it out!" Lapis said and shape shifted into a blue cat. Steven closed his eyes "think like a cat, meow" He said. You weren't paying much attention, due to Jaspers brilliant tummy scratches. Jasper stopped. You heard a cat meow. You opened your eyes and looked at Steven. Stevens finger was now a cat head. "Wat?" You said confused. "I did it! I did it! I mean, I'm not a cat but still!" Steven cheered. "You should go show Greg! He's gonna freak out!" Lapis said. On that note, Steven ran out of the house.

Later that day

You and the others were going to sea, to fight a living island. You were sitting in the boat, when Steven jumped into the water to follow. "Steven!?" Peridot yelled. "Guys! I need help!" He yelled. "Whaat?" Lapis yelled. He was too far away. "Lapis go to him! You can catch up to us after!" Jasper said. Lapis summoned her wings and was off.

You were near the place of the living island, as the humans called it. It was obviously a corrupted gem. A Terracotta quartz. Before the diamond attack, she was one of your closest friends. Next to Jasper and Citrine of course. "There!" You pointed at an island with a small forest growing on top. "(G/t). That's definitely not Terracotta. It's just an island" Peridot said. "Yeah well explain why is it heading towards us" Jasper said. You looked at the island again. Just like Jasper said, the island appeared to be heading full speed towards us. "Lapis is still not back... What can we do?" Peridot said. "Mine and (G/t)s fusion is strong enough to poof it" Jasper said. "Ready (G/t)?" Jasper said, stretching her hand to you. You could see a hint of color on her cheeks. It has been a while since only the two of you fused. "Of course!" You said also blushing. You took her hand. Your gems glowed and you fused.

(F/n)s pov.

I opened my eyes and immediately summoned my weapons. (A/n - If you have a weapon that can somehow be combined with Jaspers helmet, you already summoned it. If not, than you use both weapons at the same time). "I'll try and distract it from getting near the ship. In the meantime you try to locate its gem" I said to Peridot. You heard her mutter something about "why doesn't (g/t) remember? Terracotta was her friend". I jumped from the boat and punched the corruption. I summoned kelp under me in order not to fall into the ocean. I could see Period flying above scanning the corruption. "(F/t)! It's gem should be on the back of its neck!" She yelled. The corruption was trying to bite my leg. I kicked it and used a kelp vine to jump higher. I landed on its neck. I was quickly able to locate the gem and twist it with enough force to poof it.

I landed back on the boat where Peridot was already waiting. I bubbled the gem away. "Great lets get back" Peridot said. I was was laying on my back as the boat was getting carried by the waves of the ocean. "(F/n) unfuse" Peridot said. "Why should i?" I asked. "Steven's not ready to encounter a fusion. You know how he is. He'll immediately want to try to fuse" She said. "And?" I said. "You remember the time he cried when you fused in front of him" Peridot said. "That was years ago! He was like 1 year old!" I said, a bit angrily. "Although, I don't want to see him cry again" I said. I unfused.

(G/t) pov.

You looked down, a bit sad now. "Peridot" Jasper said. "You made (g/t) feel guilty. Are you happy now?". " Very. We can not risk Steven getting any trauma" Peridot said. "You're just jealous, because you can't fuse" Jasper said and crossed her arms. "I am NOT!" Peridot yelled. "Yeah, you are" Jasper said. For the rest of the way to the temple everyone was quiet.

Steven and Lapis were waiting at the small docks behind the house. "Hey guys!" Steven yelled. "How did it go?" Lapis asked as you got out of the ship. "Pretty good" You said. "Too easy" Jasper said. "How's your cat friend Steven?" You asked. "I'd rather not talk about that" Steven said.

END OF CHAPTER