Chapter 8: Stevens weapon

You were in the house fighting some centipedes. Steven ran in "Hey guys! You won't believe thi-ahh". A centipede attacked him. Jasper punched it away. "Hello Steven" She said. Lapis was punching them with her wings and Peridot was shooting them with a laser. You were attacking them with your (g/w) (gem weapon) and growing a vine to catch them and poof them with it.

"Awesome, what are these things?" Steven asked. "Centipedes Steven. Don't worry well get them out of your room" Peridot said and shot one "die!" She yelled. "Aw, you don't have to. They're really cool" Steven said. A centipede threw up some acid on the floor. The acid started to eat away the wood from the floor. "Umm guys? Don't you find it weird that the centipedes don't have gems?" Lapis asked. "There must be a mother somewhere around town" You said. "We should probably find it before anyone gets hurt" Peridot said. "Oh! Can I come? Please? Can I?" Steven asked. "Steven. We should probably wait until you're able to summon your weapon" Peridot said. "Don't worry. We'll take care of protecting humans" Jasper said. "Aww man" Steven sighted. One of the centipedes some how opened the cabinet in the kitchen. "Hey! Get out of there! Go on sho! Sho!" Steven yelled at it. It crawled away and Jasper stumped on it. "Aw they got into everything. Not cool!" Steven yelled. "Woah. No way" Steven noticed the insane amount of Lion Lickers inside the cabinet. He grabbed one. "Wh-where did you get these? I thought they stopped making them!" Steven said. "Well we heard that too and since they're your favorite" Peridot said. She was standing next to Steven. "We went out and bought them all" Lapis said. She was sitting on the couch next to the fridge. "Like yesterday? I think" You said. You leaned on the counterand crossed your arms . "The most important thing is that Steven is happy" Jasper said. She stood next to you. "Ooouuuu! If you ever wanted to roar like a real lion. Just taste one of these and try it harder! A lone little cub walking alone. Just learned to roar and won a war. LION LICKERS! Just eat and you'll be happy! LION LICKERS! Just a piece will make your friends happy! LION LICKERS! He finally has friends! LION LICKEEEERS! Now available in your nearest store" Steven sang. You all clapped. "I can't believe you did this. I'm gonna save these forever. Right after I eat these" He ate one. "Mmm so good". Suddenly Stevens Gem on his chest started to glow. " Uhh Steven?" Lapis questioned. "Wha? My gem!" Steven yelled. "Quick! Try and summon your weapon!" Jasper said. The glow started to fade. "Ahhh it's fading! How do I make it come back?!" He screamed and jumped up and down. "Steven calm down. Don't force it" Peridot tried to calm him down. The gems stopped glowing. "Aww. I was really close that time" Steven folded the bag of Lion lickers. "Can you guys please explain how to summon a weapon?" He asked. "I don't have a weapon" Peridot said. "Nether do I" Lapis said. "I'll go first" Jasper said.

After Steven went to Jasper he came to you. You were waiting for him at the beach. "Well Steven. I summon my weapon just like any other gem. I concentrate all my power into my gem. And once it starts to glow I take it out" You explained. Your gem started to glow and you pulled out your (g/w). "Woah" Steven said. "So I should train really hard and do that?" He asked. "Well if Jasper told you to train really hard, she's not wrong. You shouldn't train until you pass out of course. You should maybe once or twice a week dedicate some of your time and train for a bit" You said. "Hmm.. Okay" He said.

You were back at the house. "I think my best bet is to try and recreate what happened the last time my gem glowed. So Jasper and (g/t) we're here. (G/t) I think you were leaning on the counter" Steven said. You leaned on the counter and crossed your arms. "Lapis was sitting on the couch next to the fridge. And Peridot you stood  next to me" He said. "Steven I highly doubt that this method is going to work". Steven grabbed the opened bag of Lion lickers. " Than I ate one Lion licker. Oh wait! I sang the song first. If you ever wanted to roar like a real lion. Just taste. A lone little cub. Won a war. Now available in your nearest store" He said quickly. "It was funnier last time" Lapis said. "Maybe I'm not a real Crystal Gem" Steven sighted. "Don't be silly Steven" You said. "Of course you are!" Jasper said. "And you're fun! Even if you aren't able to summon your weapon" Lapis said. "We're not the Crystal gems without you Steven" Peridot said. "Yeah. Even though I don't know how to summon my weapon. I've still got my Lion lickers!" He ate a bunch. "So good" Stevens gem started to glow again. It glowed even brighter and his weapon appeared. It was a beautiful yellow shield with a lemon slice in the middle and green vines growing from the center. "Steven" Peridot started. "It's a shield" You said. Steven opened his eyes. He saw the shield and his eyes turned into stars. "Woah! I have a shield? Awesome!" He Jumped up. The shield flew out and bounced off the walls. It hit a pillar and got stuck there. It than disappeared. "Well at least it didn't break anything" Lapis said. "I must've summoned it by eating Lion lickers!" The ground shook. You saw the shadow of the centipede in the window.

You ran outside. "It's the mother!" Jasper yelled. She jumped up and punched the centipede. It used it's tail and threw her on the ground. "Steven stay in the house" Peridot said. You jumped towards Jasper. The centipede crawled down and threw acid your way. You dodged it. Peridot and Lapis hid behind a stone hand. The centipede shot the hand with its acid and started to melt the hand. Steven ran out of the house and held a bunch of bags of Lion lickers. He ate one whole bag. "Hey!" He yelled at the centipede. The centipede turned around. "Leave my friends alone!" He yelled. "Steven! Go back to the house!" You yelled. You summoned your (g/w) and jumped at it. The centipede threw you into the temple statue with its tail (YEEEET). "(G/t)!?" You heard Jasper yell. Don't worry you didn't poof and your gem didn't get cracked either. But the crash was strong enough to make a dent on the statue.

When you were able to get out of the small hole Jasper already poofed the centipede. You jumped down. Jasper ran up to you "(G/t)! Are you okay? Is your gem cracked?". " I'm okay" You said. "Show me your gem" Jasper said. You showed Jasper your gem on your (g/p) (gem placement). It was not damaged at all. No cracks. Nothing. "See? I'm fine!" You said. Jasper crossed her hands. You turned around and saw Steven bending over a pile of dirt. "Steven are you crying?" Lapis asked. "Only a little!" He yelled. "Well I guess your powers don't come from Lion lickers" Jasper said. "Of course they don't" Peridot said. "Don't worry Steven. I'm sure someday you'll figure out how to activate your gem" You said. "Yeah! In your Steveny way!" Lapis said.
"I'm okay guys. I'm just a little upset that I didn't help you take that monster down" Steven said. "Don't worry Steven. I'm sure you'll help us with the next one" Jasper said. And Ruffled his hair.

END OF CHAPTER