four

"look who finally showed up to practice," said oikawa, rolling his eyes at terushima.

terushima threw a bottle of tea at oikawa. "i'm only 15 minutes late, tooru." he put down his stuff. "don't be so dramatic."

oikawa sticked out his tongue at terushima but opened the bottle of tea and took a sip out of it. makki threw a volleyball at terushima, who caught it instantly. "why were you late today? you're usually the first one here."

the blonde yawned and ruffled up his hair. "i slept pretty late yesterday and i didn't hear my alarm go off this morning,"

"terushima! makki! get over here, practice is going on!" their coach yelled, making the two run over to where the rest of the team was.

4:00 and makki was in his kitchen, making some food for himself. he was a little tired but not tired enough to take a nap. as he was about to sit down and eat, his door rang.

nugget beat him to the door. the volleyball player opened his front door to see terushima standing there. "yo, what's up? did something happen?"

"my parents are fighting again and i don't wanna get in the middle of that," said terushima, walking into makki's house and picking up nugget. he put his skateboard against the wall.

makki closed the door and followed him up to his room. "where's your sister?"

"boyfriend." he simply said. "i think they're on a date or something."

terushima our nugget on makki's bed and laid down. "what were your parents fighting about this time?"

terushima shrugged. "i don't even know but i'm pretty sure it was about me,"

makki sighed. this wasn't the first time terushima came over to his house because of his parents. sometimes the blonde would even come in the middle of the night if he can't sleep so makki gave terushima a key to his house.

this has been going on since they were freshmens. makki's place was like terushima's second home. one time in junior year, his parents had a pretty bad fight so terushima stayed at makki's place for about a week before him mom called him home.

"four more months and i don't have to be in that hell hole anymore." he mumbles.

"i thought your parents were going to get a divorce?"

"ugh that's what they said but it don't look like it,"

makki ruffled up terushima's hair. terushima's phone dinged and he looked over, thinking it was his mom or sister but it wasn't.

it was akaashi.

hm, sus.

"oh, by the way, you wanna go to tokyo over spring break with oikawa and iwaizumi?" makki asked.

"yeah, i'm down. i haven't seen mattsun in a while."

makki took his phone and started taking pictures of terushima. "dude, look over here."

"nooooo! i look like complete shit!" terushima whines, covering the camera.

"don't you always?"

"nah, i'm hot."

"there's the terushima i know and love!"

"shut up."

a little short chapter :)

~C.