twelve

it honestly took makki a few moments to register that mattsun was kissing him. he felt a hand wrap around his waist, pulling him in closer. makki's hand made it's way to mattsun's face, caressing it.

after a few moments, mattsun parted their lips; gazing at makki before realizing what the actual fuck he just did. pulling him away, mattsun quickly turned away, not wanting to look at makki.

"why did you do it?"

mattsun's eyes widen, slowly looking back at makki. "are you... mad?"

makki sighs. "that wasn't my question, issei." but then smiled at the middle blocker. "no, i'm not mad."

mattsun fiddle with his fingers. the fireworks were still going off in the air but his attention was all on makki. 

"i like you,"

makki couldn't hide his surprise but his expression soon turned soft. he took ahold of mattsun's hand and squeezed it. leaning in, makki connected his lips with mattsun's. he felt him smile through the kiss, which made him smile.

they heard a cough, quickly parting to turn to see who it was. in front of them was akaashi and terushima awkwardly staring at them. well, makki and mattsun were the ones who made it awkward. on the other hand, terushima was about to burst out laughing while akaashi had a smug look on his face.

"alright, pack it up, you two," akaashi laughs, motioning them to follow him and terushima. "we gotta meet up with the rest."

the two stared at each other dumbfounded before mattsun shugs and takes makki's hand, dragging the pink-haired boy through the crowd. "we can talk about it later, 'kay?"

makki nods his head, letting mattsun guild him through the crowd. they finally found kenma, kuroo, oikawa, and iwaizumi by the gates. "wanna go out and eat?" kuroo asks.

they all agreed so the group of friends all settled down at a kbbq restaurant, makki taking a seat between oikawa and mattsun. they all ordered what type of meat and veggies they wanted as makki glance at his phone since he heard him get a notification.

his eyes widen, shock at the message he got. oikawa saw this so he leaned over to see what makki was staring at. as soon as he saw the contact name, oikawa started to laugh. "damn, you're living rent-free in his head,"

right when oikawa said that, both terushima and iwaizumi immediately knew who they were talking about and raised an eyebrow.

"why are you guys making that face?" akaashi asks, lightly pulling on terushima's cheek.

terushima took ahold of akaashi's hand. "makki's ex boyfriend just texted him,"

this caught mattsun's attention. he turned his head towards makki, giving the wing spiker a look. "you have an ex?"

"yeah, but we broke up like 11 months ago," he shrugs.

"he was so fucking annoying," complained iwaizumi. "i have no idea how you dealt with him, makki."

makki let out a laugh. he excused himself from the table, saying he had to go to the restroom but instead, makki went out of the restaurant and pulled out a lighter and a box of marlboro cigarettes. he took one out and lit up the toxic stick.

"you ditched us for a smoke? hanamaki takahiro, you really are a rebel."

he turned around to see mattsun standing there with a smug look on his face. makki clicked his tongue. "i have no idea what you're talking about," he flicked the ashes off the cigarette and took another hit. "so, why did you come out? couldn't help but follow me?"