~Welcome to Matheson~

Mr. Duncan, a man who owned the house, was leaving today. I was not related to him in any way, shape or form. But I've lived at Keyhouse since I was born. See, we were very close family friends with the Lockes'. My parents were Mr. and Mrs. [L-n]. But them and my siblings moved away when I drowned. 

The other Lockes' were coming today. Duncan talked about him with someone else. He said he was so happy to leave, and that he hated this place. I peeked from a doorway into the kitchen, where they were speaking. I knew they couldn't see me, but I could still make noises, like my feet pattering on the floor. My steps are light though, so it was hard to notice. 

See, I'm a ghost. Nobody can see me. But they sense me. Sometimes. When I walk into a room, Mr. Duncan will turn or shift in his place. Sometimes he will mutter something, but I can never catch what he says. 

I like to stay hidden, too. That's why I'm behind a doorway instead of sitting at the table, something I like to do. Sometimes I'll sit with Mr. Duncan at breakfast, or in the living room when he's reading. But staying hidden is important. Especially when the 'Well Lady', as I call her, is near. She does that. She scares me, and not everyone can see her, either. Only when she wants them too. Sometimes she lurks around, going unnoticed. 

----

"Hello," Mr. Duncan says, opening his arms. I see a family hop out of a car, three kids and a mom. The youngest, a boy, looks to be about my age. 

"Uncle Duncan!" The boy exclaims, running up to him. He wraps his arms around him, embracing the tall man. The rest of the kids walk around, talking to each other. I see a strong relationship between them, a loving one, like I had with my siblings. 

Mr. Duncan and the pretty woman talk for a moment before going inside. The rest of them follow. I run up the stairs before they enter, though. I'm not sure if they can see me, but if they can, I don't want to be seen.

Mr. Duncan gives the family the tour of the home. I stare longingly out the window, sitting on a little bench. This was my room. But now it'll be someone else's. Maybe, just maybe, they'll be able to see me. 

I decided to go see the Well Lady. I know, I like to avoid her. But she can sometimes be helpful. And that's a good thing. I'll ask her something, and she'll give me an answer. I slipped into the well house, slowly stepping towards the concrete circle. 

"Hello," she said. I jumped.

"Excuse me? I have a question. Is there any way, if I wanted to, to be able to make people see me when I want them too? Like you do?" It was a simple, yes or no answer. But it would probably be followed with some crazy long instructions. I waited for that simple answer, and it came.

"Yes," she said. I still waited for the crazy long instructions, but they never came. But a necklace did. It was just a silver chain, with a rose charm attached. It was really pretty, I thought. 

"Just say 'see' when you want them too. 'Seen' when you don't. Simple," the Well Lady said. I thanked her, and then left.

----

"Like 'aloha'?" The boy asked. 

"Sure, like aloha," Mr. Duncan replied. 

The boy stuck a finger up. "Aloha!" I giggled from my spot in the window. The same window, it was. Mr. Duncan drove off, and now, he was gone. Maybe a visit or two, but he most likely wouldn't come back.

The house was pretty quiet now. The older siblings, Kinsey and Tyler, spoke a little. I was right, they were close. The woman, (probably their mother) was very nice, and very pretty. I think she noticed me, too. I entered the kitchen, and she turned to look at the doorway I came through. I didn't see a look of uncertainty, though. It was a warm look, as if she had sympathy for me or the house. But I couldn't tell which.