~The Keepers of the Keys~

I sat on my bench in the window, reading a book. I propped my knees up in front of me as something to hold my book up. The light from outside made the page clear as day. 

When I glance at the clock, I see that Bode should be getting home soon. And I'm correct, because I soon here his feet pattering up the stairs. The door opens loudly. I watch for a moment as he digs through his bag before turning back to my book.  But he looks somewhat hurried, so I get up.

"Are you okay?" I ask. He just looks at me and then back to his book. I decide to site next to him. It's a book about Matheson. 

Bode begins to read a few excerpts from the pages on our own home. There was even a picture of the Well House, which I thought was interesting. But then, something unexpected happened: Well Lady appeared. She said our names, followed with,

"You can't protect them."

I shrank back, scared. Bode was, too. He threw the book down on the floor, landing with a thump. 

-

Bode walked around, sticking gum in all of the keyholes. It was smart, I thought. But he told me to just wait in our room whilst he did so. Eventually, he came back in, successful of his work. I smiled at him, an action in which he returned.

Tyler was quick to follow the boy into our room. He was holding a key; the head key. And he was very confused when he saw gum in the keyhole of the creaky wooden door.

"It's to stop the Well Lady," I said quickly.

He turned around; "Did she come back?"

Bode and I exchanged looks. The Well Lady did come back - sort of. She wasn't exactly in our presence, but she spoke to us. She was on the book page. Her body, her voice was fixed upon the black and white picture of the Wellhouse.

"Not exactly."

There was a slightly awkward pause, before,

"Okay, so, Kinsey took the fear out of her head..."

I looked at Tyler, a surprised expression on my face. My mouth was in a small 'o'.

"And I was thinking, if she can take something out," he put the key into his neck, which made a gross sound when he turned it.

"Whoa, it's the front door of our house in Seattle," Bode remarked. 

"Really?"

"Uhuh!"

Tyler looked up, as if he was seeing something far away. His tone was determined, as well as his face. "Maybe I can put something in."

He picked up the book - the same one that Bode and I saw Well Lady in - and tapped it wildly with his fingers. His movements were swift, and seemingly uncontrolled. His breath, his breath was hitched. It was almost as if he was scared to do it, but the book was tossed through his mind-door, followed with a harsh slam.

"Was something supposed to... happen?" Bode questioned. I playfully rolled my eyes at him, waiting for his older brother to speak.

"Ask me a question about Matheson."

"When was Matheson founded?" I asked the boy.

He explained, quite quickly, the details of the founding days of Matheson. He even included when the township was made official.

"Do we have anything on England?"

~~~

I shrunk back a little when I heard doors slamming. I know Bode heard them, too. I knew that Tyler and Kinsey had to have been hearing them as well, given that they were just down the hall.

The slamming got louder and closer. Bode grabbed a weapon, and then my hand. I flushed a bit at the sudden touch, but fell back to normal (which was now creeped out and neasy about everything).

"Guys? What are you doing?"

"It's her."

We picked up our pace as Tyler questioned what Bode said.

"The Well Lady, she's back!" I said. It was quite loud, so they got the message.

"What does she want?" Kinsey asked, leading us around the house. Doors were slamming left and right, echoing their low sounds and creaks off of the walls. It soon got even more severe, with the wall lamps exploding, sending sparks to the ceiling. Bode squeezed our hands tighter together, but it made no progress in making me feel better.

We all saw Well Lady walk passed in the room down the hall. I was shaking in fear.

Kinsey and Tyler rushed downstairs at the sound of the fire alarm. They called out to Nina. We followed behind, but only for Bode to get locked in a choke hold and dragged into a room.

"Bode!"

We tried to save each other, grasping our hands together once, twice, and three times, but they eventually slipped out of grasp. The door was slammed shut in my face, creating a wave of air that pushed my hair back.

"Bode! Kinsey! Tyler! Help!" I cried, pounding on the door. I could hear my friend protest whatever she was doing before a sharp silence caressed the room I could not get into. Until the dark wooden door bashed open. But the room was empty.

I could hear Tyler's footsteps cascading around the halls, leaping into various rooms he could be in. He called his brother's name countless times, but to no avail.

"Over here!" I shouted.

I was standing against the closet door, my head leaning against the arm that was pressed against the wood. The Well Lady must have had the anywhere key. It was the only explanation.

Tyler eventually found me, and took me by the wrist. I was running my free hand along my eyes, attempting to stop my tears. But they kept flowing. 

We finally saw through a thick, messily-patterned window on the back door. There was something big, bright and red in the yard. Through on set of doors and out the other, we finally found what it was. Fire. A huge ring of fire.

"Bode!" I shouted. My voice cracked, but I'm sure he heard me.

I was pushed back by a gust of fire, which sent me to the ground. I swallowed dust, coughing for what seemed like eternity. I had to rescue him. If I was still a ghost, I could be there with him. I could comfort him. I could save him. If only the zing happened now, we would be okay.

And just like that, the fire was out. The last ashes fell to the ground below. Well Lady was gone, but here was Bode. He stood in the middle of the smoking circle, looking around at the surroundings.

"Bode."

I had meant to yell, but it came out as a hoarse whisper. My voice quivered, and I was on the verge of tears again. I didn't even move when Tyler did. He embraced his brother, but only for a moment, because he pushed away.

"[Name]."

I looked up, wiping a tear or two from my [e-c] eyes. My lashes were thick and wet now. My cheeks were streaked with shine. I couldn't help but let out a small, wavy whisper;

"You're okay."

He embraced my body, his head resting on my shoulder. I slowly returned the action, smiling shyly to myself.

"I knew I would be, because I thought about you."

Tyler finally came over to us, slowly bringing us apart. A hand resting on each of our shoulders as he guided us inside. And I'm not sure if I was seeing thing, but I could've sworn the older Locke boy was crying, too.

(Oh my gosh! I am so sorry for the wait! I'm already working on a new chapter because I really wanna make it up to you. I promise this book is still alive. All my books that aren't complete are being listed in my Slow Updates. Once again, sorry, but I hope you enjoyed. I'm also very tired, so sorry if there's any mistakes)