~Head Games~

Bode waits for me at the bottom of the ladder. I wait a moment before proceeding forward; my eyes need to adjust to the light. But it's so cool. It's an arcade. This is Bode's head.

"This is amazing," I say.

"Welcome to my head," Bode says, like he's presenting something to a crowd. 

"Am I just... superhigh?" Tyler questions. I giggle. 

"This is seriously amazing," Kinsey notes. She wasn't wrong.

I turn around and see Bode, or what was the identical twin of Bode, jumping around. He was wearing what looked like a space suit, and those cool sneakers with the light-up souls.

"Woo, this is awesome!" Other Bode yells. 

"Who's that?" Kinsey asks.

"My glee. Feelings can become living things here, too." 

"How do you know that?" It was Tyler this time. 

"It's my head I just do," Bode replies. I walk over to him, standing in front of a bunch of jack-in-the-boxes. He grabs one, and opens it up. Tyler and Kinsey walk toward us, standing about a foot away. Bode nods at me. And here we are, a memory.

Bode is lying in bed, and what seems to be his father is finishing up a glow-in-the-dark-star constellation. To me, it was pretty cool. 

"Who's that?" I ask. 

"My dad," he replies. I thought he would be a little snippy. I mean, it was kind of obvious. But no, he said it sweetly, like he knew I didn't know. 

"What's this?" Tyler asks.

"We're inside one of my memories," Bode explains. Kinsey walks forward, up to her father. When she tries to touch him, her hand goes right through. I know how that feels. Trust me. Bode continues to explain that he can't hear you, or even feel you. He says he had already tried. That made me feel sympathy for him. His voice sounded sad, like mine sometimes did.

We watch as Mr. Locke sits on Bode's old bed, and begins to tell him a story. I listen closely. It seems like a good story, until we're suddenly back in Bode's mind. I looked around. Yup, here we are again.

"What happened?" Questioned Kinsey.

"I think I fell asleep before dad finished. Never heard how it ends," Bode said. Tyler and Kinsey began to bicker about something, and by what they were saying, I think it was the story. 

"Okay, I think we should get back up there," Tyler says. Kinsey nods. 

"Go ahead. We'll meet you up there," Bode tells them, pointing to the ladder in which we came from. The two older siblings shrug at each other, but do as they're told. Tyler gives one last look before disappearing up the ladder.

"So, what do you wanna do?" I ask, rocking back and forth on my feet. Bode picks up another jack-in-the-box and opens it. He gestures for me to look inside. I do. The reality around us flashes before we are in his bedroom. But not his old bedroom, this bedroom. We are standing by the bed, and memory Bode is sticking his hand out for me to shake. When I try, it goes right through him. We both exchange a giggle. But there was one thing I noticed: I was glowing. 

"Why am I glowing? I don't do that," I say.

"Yes, you do. At least in my eyes." And then I felt it. Once we snap back into his head, I feel my stomach churn. This must be the zing! I slowly begin to float. I widen my eyes. Okay, not what I imagine would happen, but still, it was. My body slowly began to glow-for real this time-from head to toe. When I was done, I fell back onto the ground. I landed on my feet.