Chapter 1

Cassey's POV:

I sigh as I stand in front of the mirror, smoothing out my dress ready for the choosing ceremony. The other day I had my test with some girl that I actually got along with but she didn't tell me what I got, only telling me not to tell anyone, which really confused me. I look at my outfit again and nod, it may not be the best but it's the only nice piece of clothing I have.

I turn around and start to make my way toward the place where the ceremony is being held, my nerves now settling in my stomach

I turn around and start to make my way toward the place where the ceremony is being held, my nerves now settling in my stomach. I take a deep breath as I look at the entrance of the building, feeling a couple of my soulmate marks burn, only slightly but I just ignored it, entering the giant place and started looking for a seat in the back at the abnegation part.

Now I know what you must be thinking, where are your parents? Well that's easy my parents abandoned me at the age of 14 and ran away but it's fine they use to hit me around a lot which is why I get nose bleeds quite often as my father hit my nose to hard but it is what it is (Tik Tok?)

I found a seat and pulled the part where my ass will go down and sat down, shuffling around to get comfortable for the ceremony. I saw some pretty lady come out from behind the 5 white shiny bowls and started clapping with everyone else, not noticing her moving around and looking around in the crowd.

The lady started to talk about the factions but I decided to tune her out, only for now just because I wanna see who goes where. I started listening up when the first person Jonathan Seaman was called out first, watching a he picked up a really sharp knife and put it to his palm, slicing the skin and watch as he puts it over a bowl, a blood drop dripping in as the man, Marcus? I think calls out his new faction, Erudite.

More people were called up, picking their new faction as their new faction clapped for them, some parents looking disappointed making me snort quietly as I roll my eyes. Selfish bastard, controlling aren't they.

"Caleb Prior" Marcus called out.

Hearing the name I felt shivers of pleasure run down my body, my body peeking up as I looked around for the person. I watched as a really handsome boy from my faction stood up and walked to the front, my heart beating faster as I stared at him. As he cut his hand I felt a tinge if pain on palm like I have a couple of times when attractive people went up, watching as he held his now bloody hand over a bowl, his bloody dripping down and hitting the new faction he is now placed in.

"Erudite" Marcus called once again making me pout knowing I'm going to dauntless.

"Beatrice Prior"

Who I'm guessing is Caleb's sister stood slowly, the same feeling I have had for quite a lot of people coming back as my breath got caught up in my throat. I watched as Beatrice walked over and picked the knife up, dragging it across her small hand as I wince from the feeling in my palm again. I continued to watch as she hesitated between abnegation and dauntless, in the end her choosing dauntless making me grin as I knew I will be seeing her a lot.

"Cassey Parley"

I took a deep breath in before I stood up and walked down the step, feeling eyes stare at me as I made my way to the bowls. I here some people take an intake of breath, feeling people stare at me. I now stood in front of the now clean knife, picking it up and lifting it to my smooth pale palm and pressed down, slicing the skin as blood start to gather.

Without hesitating I walk over to dauntless, letting my blood drip and land into the sizzling coal, sizzling my blood as Marcus called out my new faction, a smile gracing my face as I here the words I've been waiting for.

"Dauntless!"