12: Big Day

Soulmatee

Soulmatee: Taehyungie sit by the bleachers! We'll have lunch together after showcase!!

Me: Alright Jiminie I'm omw! Good luck!!

~

~

Taehyung sat by the bleachers with some other guys. He recognized one of them as Mingyu. Jungkook's crush. He didn't pay much attention but Mingyu walked upto him.

"Taehyung right?" Mingyu sat next to him.

"Yes. Hi Mingyu" Tae smiled.

"Here to support Jimin?" Mingyu offered popcorn.

Tae nodded and Mingyu winked. "No he's just my best friend" Tae cleared it.

Mingyu nodded, "Oh sorry for assuming"

"I'm here for my best friend as well" Mingyu tried to make it less awkward.

"Jungkook?" Tae questioned.

"Yeah" Mingyu smiled.

Tae smiled in response and concentrated on the stage.

"The next to perform is 3J and friends!!"

"That's us!" Tae jumped cheering. Mingyu stood up awkwardly clapping. They were the hosting school so half the audience was cheering.

It began with Jungkook walking up to the stage with Jimin and Hoseok behind him.

Taehyung couldn't take his eyes off his crush. He saw the way Jungkook walked with pure determination and attitude. It was very different from his personality but it was hot. They stood at the center of the stage and faced the back as the lights turned off.

A three second gap and the lights were on with more dancers. It was a partner dance and Tae saw Jungkook's partner was Lisa. He saw Jimin and Jenny dancing passionately as well. Jhope was dancing with Namjoon and Tae felt proud. He focused on Jungkook as he lifted Lisa effortlessly and moved like a shapeless figure. So smooth.

"So smooth" Tae heard someone voicing his thoughts. It was Mingyu. Mingyu was almost drooling, hopefully over the girls.

Tae turned back to the stage and now it was hip hop. He felt more comfortable as Lisa wasn't sticking to Jungkook anymore. Jimin took center stage this time but Tae couldn't focus on Jimin. His eyes moved wherever Jungkook moved.

"Fuck Jungkook!!!!! Cheer up everyone! 3J! 3J!" Mingyu started shouting. Soon everyone joined him.

Tae joined as well but now he knew who Mingyu was looking at. The way Mingyu was looking at Jungkook made him uncomfortable now.

Then it was the sub unit, the one Tae had seen yesterday. It was as he remembered, amazing.

"A round of applause for them"

"Woohoo" Tae shouted and sat down with a thump.

"That was one hell of an experience" Tae mumbled.

"I know right, opened my eyes today. That shit" he pointed to the stage.

Tae nodded with a giggle. "Did you develop a crush on Jimin yet?"  Mingyu asked out of the blue.

"No what" Tae nervously giggled. "He's my best friend"

"I don't know about you, but I got a crush on my best friend after that" Mingyu shook his head.

"Oh" was all Tae said before he was engulfed in a big hug by Jimin.

"You were amazing" Mingyu clapped as the team took seats next to us.

Tae shook hands with everyone but there was no sign of Jungkook.

"Where's Jungkook?" Tae asked Jimin.

Before Jimin could answer Mingyu shouted, "Jungkook my man"

Tae watched as Mingyu hugged Jungkook and got furious. He wanted to congratulate Jungkook first. He'd been crushing on Jungkook long before Mingyu had ever. He felt a pang of jealousy and that's why he did what he did next.

Mingyu walked off to get Jungkook some water as Jungkook joined the team.

"We did good" Jimin said as he side hugged Jungkook.

Jungkook then walked to Taehyung with a smile.

"How-" before Jungkook could complete his sentence Tae hugged him.

"You guys were so good!!" Tae said. Jungkook didn't expect that but didn't mind. That's why when Tae snapped and tried to let go saying "I'm sorry I got excited", jungkook didn't let go. He pat Tae's back as he pulled away.

"Means a lot" he said with his signature bunny smile which made Tae's day.

Jimin was embarrassed for his friend in the beginning but he was happy for the two by the end of the hug.

Like tradition, everyone hugged Jungkook thinking they had to and it was hilarious. Tae knew he was the cause but didn't say anything but he could see Jungkook was growing impatient as he was all sweaty from the dance.

"Let's go have lunch" Jungkook said after he finally pushed Jungin (not harshly).

"Come on" Jimin said to Tae.

"We're having lunch with the team?" Tae asked with eyes wide open.

"Yep"