21: Competition

"Tae!! Good luck!" Jimin waved as his friend went backstage.

Taehyung walked to their dressing room knowing he is 20 minutes early. He wasn't surprised to see no one in the room. He sat down and spotted a black bag next to the door. He assumed it must belong to the staff.

"Breathe In. Breathe Out. Breathe In. Breathe Out" he started meditating with his eyes closed.

He was 30 seconds into the meditation when he heard his favorite voice. 

"Taehyung?"

Taehyung's eyes shot open but what he saw made his mind go crazy. 

In front of him was a shirtless Jungkook with a towel in his hands. Even in his state of shock he didn't miss the smirk which formed on Jungkook's lips. He must have stared for too long as Jungkook started coughing to gain Tae's attention.

"Oh! I'm sorry!" Tae got up to leave.

"No stay we can practice" Jungkook walked upto him.

"Can you put a shirt on kookie?" Taehyung blushed.

"Am I distracting you?" Jungkook giggled.

"Yeah" Tae nodded.

"Cute" Jungkook said as he put his uniform shirt on.

****

Another 20 minutes passed with awkward silence as the other members came in. Jungkook was relieved thinking Tae was uncomfortable but Tae had finally made up his mind to talk to kook and people came in.

Text from baby(1)

Baby: am nervous

Me: don't be! You'll do great tae!

Baby: its baby for u kookie

Me: now we're confident I see

Baby: i was going to talk to u and Mingyu came in :(

Me: wait where are you baby?

Baby: am nervous kookie

Me: ill help u calm down baby tell me where u r

Baby: washroom

Me: coming

Baby: okay

~

"Tae?" Jungkook called as he entered the bathroom.

There was only one stall closed so Jungkook walked there.

"Tae are u inside?"

"Grrrr" tae grunted.

"oh baby u inside? Im sorry baby I'll never get used to calling you that"

"you don't like calling me baby?" Tae whispered.

"I do! I promise I love calling you baby" Jungkook rambled. "I'm so lucky that I get to call u baby"

"You mean it?"

"Yes baby now come out"

Taehyung opened the door and stepped out. It was much easier when he didn't face the other. He was getting shy and nervous again.

Jungkook observed and hugged tae.

He patted his back, "you'll do well baby I'll be right there. With you"

"Hmm thanks kookie"

"I've never seen this side of u" Jungkook said softly. "It's cute makes me want to protect you"

"It's only for those I'm close to" tae blushed.

"Let's go back" Jungkook whispered as they parted.

Taehyung felt confident all of a sudden. He kissed Jungkook's cheeks as he said, "Thank you Jungkookie" as he ran out of the bathroom.

It was Jungkook's turn to blush.