The Ramen Shop Down the Street (IzuOcha)

Deku POV 

I heard my stomach grumble as I bled into my 3rd-hour training after school. It was approaching 7 pm and my body was starting to ache from countless amount of kicks and jumps I had done practicing my shoot style. I guess I should call it a night. I don't want to overwork my body for tomorrow. With that thought, I packed up my belongings and headed for Heights Alliance. 

I debated calling my mom and stopping by for dinner just to lighten the load of cooking for myself. Mom is going to want to talk forever if I go over, plus calculating the amount of time it would take to get there and back to the dorms at this time of night would only allow me to have 45 minutes with her in order to be back by curfew. But if I used One for All at 10% to run there and back I would make it with 2 hours to see her. But that would risk getting caught using my quirk without reason. If Aizawa sensei were to hear about this or be called in to get me I would for sure-- My thoughts were interrupted with a collision into a familiar person, Uraraka. I felt a familiar rouge tingling sensation sweep over my cheeks as I looked up to see her soft brown eyes. 

"Woah Deku are you alright? You're muttering and walking again." She said with a smile. Her hair was half pinned up leaving only the two front hanging bangs framing her face. She was in a black tank top and muted pink shorts. It was apparent that she had been training too. Wow, SO CLOSE I thought to myself. It was then I realized I had been staring saying nothing back to her with my hand still on her shoulder. "I'm so sorry Uraraka, I didn't mean to bump into you. I was just trying to decide on what I was going to do with my time tonight." My hand somehow still remained there as if it was rusted to the spot. I saw her head turn away, her cheeks were dusted pink like mine. I quickly moved to straighten my whole body. and placed a hand behind my head. 

"It's alright no problem!" she said back. There was an awkward pause of silence as we both scrambled to say something. "I guess you were training late too! Well, I was going to head back to the hall for dinner, are you heading that way?" She finally cut in. Suddenly I forgot all about visiting my mom. 

"Yeah, I was thinking about it. But I honestly don't want to cook for myself. I was thinking of maybe going to get some ramen, do you want to come?" I ask her. 

Did I just ask her out to dinner?!?!

_______

Uraraka POV

Did Deku just ask me out to dinner!?!?!

I felt my cheeks burn in embarrassment. Maybe he just didn't want to go alone. We are just friends, going to dinner, alone, together, as... friends. 

I gulped down what little moisture I had in my mouth. My stomach grumbled in agreeance. "Sure Deku, that sounds great. But we are in workout clothes so no place to nice." I said with a closed-eyed smile. 

With that, we walked together toward a small family Ramen shop. We chatted about our training and about our classmates. But as we approached the doors and entered, I felt even more nervous. "I truly think Aizawa Sensei has sleeping bags stored throughout the school" Deku said with a laugh. 

His laugh was so light just like his smile. I could see his bushels of dark green hair bouncing as he laughs. Wow. Oh snap, I'm starring again. I look away aggressively and stifle out a laugh. "I mean he has even had them in the training ground before. I think we have seen him more in his cacoon than out walking around" I said with a chuckle. 

We sat down in a small booth across from one another in the back corner of the shop. We sat in silence for a while before the waiter came up to the table. 

"What can I get this lovely couple to drink?" She asked with an inquisitive smile on her face. 

"Gahh We are not a uhh couple" Deku muttered out with a red tint to his face.