{ three }

Clarke decided she had to ignore the message sent to her house, or otherwise, she would lose it all in that particular moment. Already inside the building, she decided to get herself another coffee and get some snacks for her and Harper. Today was going to be a long day.

"Are there any new clues?" Clarke said, putting her coffee on the table along with the snacks.

"The narcotics were able to find someone who saw Lincoln that night," Harper said, looking at the crime-scene picture. "But why now?"

"Either someone is trying to drive into another direction, or this person who saw Lincoln on that alley was afraid to talk." Clarke wondered for a while all of the odds. "But why would they talk months later?"

"I guess they were blackmailed." Dave looked at the girls. "Maybe they saw something they shouldn't."

"See, Dave? You're a gem in here. You don't have to be on the field to be very useful and a great cop." Harper smiled gently, but he grumbled.

"When the test results come in, you'll probably get back on the field.  If you can't come, though, your wife will be very pleased." Clarke chuckled a little, and finally, the girls got a smile from the older man.

"She insists I'm getting too old to play good-cop or bad-cop." He frowned a little. "Which isn't a lie, but we don't have to mention it." He looked directly at Clarke, who laughed softly. He already knew her enough to know she was going to tease him. "About the case. The witness is on the interrogation room 2. You want some backup?"

"We got this." Harper smiled. "But in the meantime, can you see where Liza and Patrick are? I looked for them, and I couldn't find them."

"Those teenagers are disasters." He complained, once again.

"They're older than Harper and me." Clarke said, confused.

"You two are good teenagers, that's the difference." He said, standing up. "Thank you for this." He smiled, grabbing some snacks, and leaving to find the lovebirds.

"The interrogation awaits." Clarke announced, feeling her head a little heavy, but she pulled it together to keep the day going.

When the interrogation ended, Natacha was released. But not without telling Clarke and Harper that if they ever needed her, she could help. Clarke was walking from one side of the room to the other, and it was starting to get on Harper's nerves.

"You're stressing me out." Harper sighed, massaging her head.

"Octavia Blake is stressing me out." Clarke groaned, looking at the clues board. "Can you pass by the ballistics? See if you can find Lincoln's file? I need to call Octavia."

"On it," Harper said, standing up again. "Liza. Patrick. Nice of you to join us." Harper grumbled, slightly handing them a paper. "Get me the footages of the outside of that store on that specific day."

"Wasn't it owned by Judge Rivers' son?" Liza asked, confused.

"It was. But now his son is onto something, so he sold the store to a Latina, Carmen. Be nice and get me the footage. I don't care what you have to do or say, get them." Harper warned and the two cops - older than her but with less experience - followed her order.

As Harper walked to the ballistics with Dave - he needed to walk a lot to exercise his wounded leg -, Clarke was waiting on Bellamy to answer. She hated to call him. The last time she did was when Lincoln died.

"Why are you calling me?" He quickly said when he answered the phone.

"Trust me, I hate this too, but I need Octavia to come down by the station tomorrow morning. I won't get a warrant because I know she wants to help." Clarke said while looking through the window.

"And you want me to go too."

"You never said where you were that night, Bellamy. They need to know." Clarke said, feeling her anger rise.

"They need to know, or you need to know?" Bellamy questioned, feeling the change of mood coming from Clarke's side.

"I said I would never get a warrant for you. Don't make me get one."

"No need too, blondie. I'll be there. With Octavia."

"Don't call me that," Clarke said more sad than angry, and she hung up the phone.

As the hours passed, the girls and Dave felt like they hit a dead end. They would have stayed all night working on the case if Rose hadn't dismissed everyone. On her way back home, Clarke had many thoughts on her mind, but she needed to call Kane to check on him before returning to work. Luckily for her, he was there when she came home - at least something was alright.