{ four }

As Clarke entered the house, she saw it completely torn apart. She grabbed her gun and wield it close, in case she had to use it. Moving through the hall, she started to hear sobs and heavy breathes. She walked faster to the kitchen, and she let go of the gun at that exact moment.

"Clarke! You're here. I was about to call you. The ambulance is on their way!" Kane said, covered in blood and breathing way too fast. Her mother was on his arms. As Clarke took her jacket off to stop the bleeding, Kane tried to keep Abby awake.

"What happened?" Clarke asked, on the edge of crying, praying for the ambulance to arrive quickly.

"She called me when I was crossing the block. I was almost here when she told me she wasn't feeling well, and she was bleeding." He said, crying. "If I hadn't been on the job, I would have..."

"Kane. Look at me." Clarke asked, trying to keep herself straight. "I got until late to work because I wasn't feeling well. This is as much as your fault as it is mine." She said, averting tears to roll down through her cheeks.

"Who would have done this?" He said quietly, rubbing his fingers through her frowned face.

"Ma, I need you to stay awake, okay?" Clarke looked at her mother's eyes, and she saw something she didn't want. She saw someone who was hopeless. "Listen to me." Clarke grabbed her face gently, covering it with blood. "I need you. Don't you dare to leave me."

When the ambulance arrived, they tried to be as fast as possible, but even that wasn't enough. They were still obligated to take Abby to the hospital to see if they could save her - even though everyone knew the answer. Kane went on the ambulance with Abby, and Clarke followed them in her car, where she called her police department and reported the crime. As soon as she arrived at the hospital, she received a text saying I told you to stop.

"What do we got?" Clarke and Kane heard the doctor on call asking the paramedics.

"Stab on the chest. Close to the heart. Her vitals are going lower and lower." The older paramedic said, and the doctor nodded, entering quickly with Abby.

As time passed, Kane and Clarke were getting more anxious and anxious. When the doctor finally reached out to them, they were holding hands and hoping for the best - sadly, they got the worst.

At first, Clarke barely moved with the news. When it finally hit her, she collapsed into Kane's arms, crying compulsively. She had lost her father when she was young, and she had lost her mother, but luckily she still had a father figure.

When Kane droved home, Clarke's head was spinning around over and over again. Kane wasn't able to drive safely either, but he did it for Clarke. He lost his first wife to an oncological disease, and he lost the second one - who he knew it was the love of his life - to a robbery? Revenge? He couldn't even say.

After dealing with the cops, her captain and Harper, Clarke, closed the door behind her as she started to clean everything up along with Kane. The cops didn't find anything.

"I need to tell you something," Clarke said low to Kane. When he looked up to her, his eyes red from crying and his face older than she remembered, she spoke up. "I think it's my fault."

"What are you talking about?" He said, standing up slowly and walking to her side. "It's not your fault. Or mine. You said it yourself."

"I never told anyone this, but... When Lincoln and I were on duty of that alley ... We started to get threats. To let it go or something bad would happen." She said, feeling the tears reaching into her eyes again. "And we didn't care a lot because we receive a lot of threats constantly-"

"Clarke..."

"And then he died. And the threats stopped." Part of her heart was breaking again. "And I... When Rose told Harper and me to start digging up his case again... Mom received a note in here. A threat to me." Clarke closed her eyes, feeling overwhelmed. "And now she's...-"

"Clarke. It's not your fault. Whoever he or she is, you're going to get him. If the threats keep happening, I'll be twice as protected. I'll ask my boss to have a security outside. Like we're going to have from the cops." He said gently, hugging his daughter.

"This is all my fault." She said low, hugging him back.

"It's not, sweetheart. But it would be for best if you told the cops what you told me. It may be a help."

---------------

Hey everyone!!!

First of all, I want to thank all of you for the support and love that you're giving me. I couldn't do this with you!

Also, I want to clarify that we won't just see Clarke's life developing through the chapters. We will also get a look at the other character's life!!!

Thank you again <33