{ seventeen }

As Bellamy kept trying to call Clarke, her phone wasn't even working. When he thought it was, he was presented with a voicemail saying: "Hey, you've reached Clarke. If it's Bellamy, keep listening. If you're not, hang up, and I'll call later. Or not," He heard giggles, and he smiled, even though all he wanted to do was crying. "Bell, as you probably know, I'm a little busy, and you're trying to call me, but I'm fine. I love you." She made the sound of a kiss, and then the voicemail ended.

Kane was driving to Harper's, where Octavia was going to meet them. Bellamy wanted to go right after Clarke, but he knew it could go wrong without a plan, and the last thing he wanted was to injure her life.

"We're going to save her." Kane said, with his voice trembling a little.

"I want to believe that." He said, pulling his phone out of his pocket again so that he could hear her voice.

"That's not healthy, Bellamy..." Kane sighed.

"We were going to elope, Kane. We deserved it." He closed his eyes, leaning against the window. "Just in one fucking reality, we deserved it."

"You will get your happy ending, Bellamy." Kane said plainly, even though deep down, he wasn't so sure. He wasn't sure of anything at this point.

When they reached Harper's, Octavia's car was already in the street. Bellamy got out quickly and ringed the Bell a couple of times before anyone answered him.

"You don't have to ring 30 times." Harper looked at him with an annoyed face, but when she saw the sadness in his eyes, she softens. "Come on." She said softly now. After kissing his cheek, she also kissed Kane's. "We need to talk. All of us."

After Octavia explaining everything, everyone became quiet. It was a lot to take in. And somehow they had to find a way to help Clarke out. Without messing up with the rest.

"It's impossible," Octavia said, after a while. "We can't help Clarke without changing everything."

"I'm not going to let her be there all alone!" Bellamy quickly answered, raising his voice.

"I'm not saying I want to!" Octavia fired back.

"I'm saying that's not going to happen." Bellamy looked at his sister, crossing his arms.

"You think that much of yourself, don't you, Bellamy?" Octavia replied, angry that he couldn't understand what she was doing was to protect everyone.

"Let's all leave the bittersweet comments to another time. We have a bigger issue right now." Kane, being the voice of reason, said. "We want to help without making changes. How do we do this?"

"It's -"

"It's not impossible!" Kane said strickly. "Harper. Any ideas?"

"We can all another precinct and make an anonymous tip that someone is doing something on Martinez's house," Harper said.

"Won't that get Clarke arrested?" Bellamy asked, confused.

"If she hears the sirens, she'll get a way to get the hell out of that house." Harper nodded her head.

"And if she doesn't hear?" Octavia asked, her voice being calmer than before.

"We can't assume that..." Harper said.

"But we have to have a plan B." Bellamy looked at her.

As the group discussed a plan B, Clarke was already inside Martinez's house. According to her records, he'd be out for two more hours. What she didn't know is that he had canceled his plans. Searching through his office, she found Lincoln's case. And with it, she found evidence that was never submitted to the official report. The Lab had found traces of skin under Lincoln's fingernails, proving that he had tried to avoid everything. He saw his attacker. There was a small handwriting note saying, "Get rid of it." On another report, the Lab concluded that the evidence was substantial, and there were no matches.

It all came together for Clarke. As she kept seeing the different versions of the report, she went through the whole office and found a secret department that had a gun hidden on it, and she realized Martinez had killed Lincoln.

Just when she was about to reach her phone to call someone from her precinct, she heard a bang and jumped right away.

"Drop the phone blondie." Martinez smiled at her, and suddenly all of her anger decided to jump out of her.

"You son of a bitch!" As she screamed and reached out for her gun, she heard another bang.

But this one was closer.

Too much closer.

As she looked down, she saw how close it had been.

He shot her in the chest. As she felt dizzy and fell on the ground, she knew her story was over.

--------

TWO MORE CHAPTERS UNTIL THE END!!