chapter11

I went to the nearest CCD possible. I wanted to eat something. Hunger can actually take over most of the emotions.

"What would you like sir?"

"Get me something to drink" I said in a crooked voice.

"Okay sir" maybe the waiter understood my mental condition and didn't ask furthur.

Minutes later he came up with a glass of something. It tasted coffee ofcourse.  It was good. It made me feel better .

Beeeep beep!

"Hello"

"Rihaan where are you...I told you to call once you reach the hotel why didn't you?"

"I am not at the hotel."

"Where are you?"

"CCD"

"holy crap! What are you doing there? Get back to the hotel and get some food "

"Yeahh...see you tomorrow "

I reached the hotel by 9 in the night.

"Sir this was your last day of payment. Sorry but you have to check in once again for the night."

"Yeah I remember..I need the room to spend the night..I have my morning bus to dehradun tomorrow"

" you'll need to pay 700 sir"

"Here"

I put the clothes in my bag which were laid on the bed,lied on the bed and forced myself to sleep as I had to catch an early bus.

I didn't sleep well...I couldn't. I got up. From my bed. It was 3 am already.
"Thankgod there's a balcony in the room" I whispered

"Those stars are the witness of our last meet"

Did not realize I fell asleep sitting in the balcony. It was 5 am already. Got up, freshen up and checked out of the hotel. I hired a cab to the bus stand.

"Dehradun!!Dehradun!! Was a hush over there.

" bhaiya 6:30 ki gadi hai?"

"Haan"

"Ek ticket kaat dijiye"

It was 6:30 already and 15 minutes that I got seated in the bus. The driver honked twice or thrice for all the passengers to get in before he started.

I was gazing at the vitality of the place through the window. With every passing moments I felt like I was leaving behind my past.especially priya!

I closed my eyes and rested my head back on the seat.

"Jinko naashta karna h krle..bus aadha ghanta rukegi!"

I woke up only to find it was 8'o clock, just an hour or more from Manali.

But yes I was literally starved to death. I got off the bus. Bought myself few packet of chips.

There were some stoles and mufflers on the opposite side where the bus stood. I thought I would buy one for Arjun!

I went to the edge of the lane and waited for the road to clear for me to cross.

Beep beep!

I took out my phone it was Arjun's missed call. I looked at it crossing the road. SUDDENLY I FELT HONKS PLEATING MY EARDRUMS. HONKS BECOMING LOUDER AND LOUDER..SOMETHING CLOSE I COULD SEE COMING MY WAY..A TRUCK?

"BHAIYAAAA" ...A girl  pushed me away and I threw myself on the other side.
It took me minutes to come back at present.

I saw people gathered around a little girl that got herself hurt while saving me.

I ran towards her. I sighed out in relief when I found her fine. I knelt down.

"Are you okay" I asked her patting the Dust away from her back. I could see then that she scratched her knees badly.

"You should be thankful to her" someone said from behind

"Take her to some nursing" some other said

" what is your name beta?" I asked her making her sit on the bench after the crowd dissapeared.

"Ragini" she said

"Nice name" I smiled

She blushed

"Where do you live beta?"

"I used to live in manali"

"Where in manali"?

"Wherever I find a place to sleep"

An awkward silence held me from my back. I could say nothing she was too innocent to judge the world.

"Child, where are your mom and dad?"

" I don't know..never seen them"

Ragini, a girl of approx 9 did something that is immeasurable. She doesn't have anything to say. My mind fluctuated and my voice became heavy.

"Are you hungry" I asked

"A lot bhaiyaa"

I bought her a meal. And few packet of chips and biscuits as she pointed in the store.

I could here my bus to dehradun honk.

"Bhaiya nahi jaana hai kya?"the conductor came and asked.

"Nahi! Manali ke liye koi gadi h kya?"

"15 minute me ek state bus hai"

"Thankyou"

I waited for the state bus to Manali with Ragini. Meanwhile applied some boroplus on the cuts and scratches on the knee of Ragini.

"Ragini you said you lived in Manali ?"

"Yes" she said while eating her chips

"How come you are not in Manali right now then"? I asked

She remained quiet

"Tell me beta..dont panick I will help you" I comforted her

"One bad bhaiya said that he'll give me free food and I came with him"

I was taken aback for a moment. I was a bit afraid to ask her furthur

"That bhaiya gave me food only one day and asked me to beg money for him. I ran away and landed here"

I sighed out in relief. This poor child doesn't know how cruel the world is!!
I hugged her.

The state bus took 20 minutes or more to come. I asked for two seats.we got into the bus.

Ragini pleaded for the window seat. I smiled.

Beep beep beep!!

"7 missed call from Arjun" I gasped

I immediately called back Arjun and narrated him everything that happened.

"Ohh my god..Rihaan..are you okay?? "

" I am fine Arjun..all thanks to Ragini "

"Where now?"

" I am going back to Manali"

"Why back there?"

"I have to drop Ragini to a safe place. I cannot leave her here alone"

"Fine Rihaan..please call me once you reach"

"Yeah! Bye!"

"When will we reach bhaiya" Ragini asked

"In just half an hour Ragini"  we had already spent about an hour in the bus.

I did not feel sleepy this time. Infact I had something in my mind, about Ragini ...to help her..to get her to a safe place.  Now I would think that yes I did something in life! Okay if I did not get priya maybe next life..maybe we were not destined. But this was destined.. it is happening. I will help Ragini in every possible way. My only moto now.