The Dive

SPEEDYS POV
A couple days passed since we returned home, but Garth's joy slowly faded into a constant state of nervousness. I tried asking him what was wrong, but for a while he would only shake his head and refused any company, only letting me in for a few short moments. I finally had enough and decided to confront him, whether he liked it or not. I barged into his room and found him sitting wrapped in a blanket looking out the window. He turned around and gave me a tired look. I sat beside him and looked out the window. He had been watching the ocean. "Aqualad, you can't live like this, just tell me what's wrong, and I won't take no for an answer." Aqualad sighed and looked at me and I noticed dark circles under his eyes. "I... I can't forget what that note said, what that note said about me. If I..." Aqualad put his face in his hands and bowed his head. "If I really have all this power inside me, I could hurt people... I could hurt you, and... and brotherblood, he said he was watching me, if brother blood figures this whole thing out... he could easily use me as a weapon... and" I grabbed Al's hand before he continued. But for the first time, instead of welcoming the comfort, he flinched at my touch and jerked his hand away. He turned away from me, "Speedy...please." "Garth, the only way you could hurt me right now, is doing this, by turning your back on me and trying to face this on your own. I can help you." And with that I walked out, Garth needed a minute to think and he new where to find me.

AQUALADS POV
When I heard the door click closed I sat up and walked to the window. I pushed it open and put each foot on the window seal. I stood in the window and looked down and jumped. I brought my upper body forward to touch my toes, then brought my legs up in the air. I brought my hands forward and landed in the cool ocean water. I always felt safer in the ocean, after all it was my home. I also thought better down there. I sank down to the bottom and say in the sand. I put my hands in the cold, smooth sand and scooped some up. I held the sand and concentrated with all my might. slowly the sand melted in my hands and hardened in the cool water. I held the glass in my hand, but only a couple seconds passed before the glass exploded and sent shards of glass in all directions. A thin piece bolted by my face, cutting my right cheek. Pain shot through my face and I clasped my cheek, in the corner of my eye I could see a red cloud form in the water.
To be continued...

Don't forget to follow and leave comments and stars 😊