Chapter 3

The next day, I woke up earlier than usual, all night long I was turning in my sleep.  I can't get those eyes out of my head no matter how hard I try.

I saw that I no longer had the benefit of lying in bed, so I got up and got ready for the day.  After taking a shower, I thought about what to wear and decided on a dress today because it wasn't so cold.

Scarlett doesn't have her first two classes today, but she still wanted to take me to college.  I told her there was no need, since I would walk to college because it was still close to my apartment.

For some reason I felt like someone was watching me again, I turned to see if there was anyone, but no one was there.  I don't know if my brain is just playing with me or if someone is really following me.  I shook that thought and moved on.  As I was approaching college, I saw a black car parked in front.  Maximiliano came out of it and some guy that I'm guess it was Valerio since it fit Scarlett's description.

Maximiliano paused and I could see that he was looking for something or someone.  He turned abruptly and his eyes fell straight on me.  I think at that moment my heart stopped.  His gaze is so captivating me that I didn't notice that I was going backwards until I collided with one man.  "Excuse me, sir".I immediately apologize to him. He just frowned and continued on his way.

When I looked at him again I saw sadness and hurt in those crystal gray eyes that I already love.  He took a step in my direction but before he could lower his leg Valerio stopped him.  He whispered something and Maximiliano's expression changed.  He looks like he's ready to kill at this point.

He gave me one last look and it was clear in his eyes that he did not want to go, but he had to.  Valerio summoned him one more time and then he headed in the direction where Valerio was.  When he entered the building, I let out a breath that I never noticed I was holding.

Just at that moment my phone rang and I saw a message from Scarlett.

Scarlett:

"All my classes have
been canceled today."

I was a little surprised by her message.

Me:
"Why, did something happen"?

Scarlett:
"They said there was a flood in the bathroom above our classroom so now the classroom is full of water.  So they canceled classes today".

Me:
"They will surely solve this problem today".

Scarlett:

"Oh it will, so our classes continue tomorrow."

After I finished texting with Scarlett I saw that I was a little late, so I ran towards the classroom.

As usual, Professor Blackwood was saying something without being understood by anyone.  But of course he was my favorite professor.  Professor Blackwood was in his 50s.  He was always full of understanding in lectures and when needed would explain as many times as needed.The professor's voice brought me back to reality, "Are you listening to me Persephone?"  I jumped because I didn't hear him coming over. "Sorry Professor Blackwood, I thought of something. It won't happen again," "Don't repeat it. Because you didn't listen I will repeat it again."  He just nodded and walked to his desk.

"As many of you have heard and some of you have seen guests that arrived from Russia. On their arrival we decided to have a ball in their honor. Because as you know, they are great benefactors of this college and many of you do not know, but King Maximiliano Romanov once attended this very same college".

"What?" I said in shock, he is the king." Persephone is everything alright?"

"Yes, sorry professors."  He just shook his head and continued, "The ball will be held tomorrow at exactly 8:00 pm at One Mayfair. Ah ... and yes, until I forget the topic of the ball will be masquerade. So today we will finish our class here because you have to go home and get ready for tomorrow  ".

I still can't believe he's the king, but why do I still feel some connection to him?  Better not to think about it, I'm sure it's okay.  As I was putting books in my bag, I heard my phone ring.  Message from Scarlett.

Scarlett:
"

I'm out front, let's go shopping for the perfect dress! "

Only she can look forward to shopping this much.  I took a deep breath and stepped outside and heard Scarlett yell at me to hurry up.  I didn't even get in the car and she already had her foot on gas.

"We need to find the perfect dresses for tomorrow night," "Okay, whatever you say."  She just laughed at my answer and headed for the mall.  Over the years I have learned that Scarlett does not know for word  "no" when it comes to shopping, so I always agree with it even if I hate shopping.

This will be a long day I feel it.

Scarlett found her perfect dress almost immediately after entering the mall. It was big and pink just the way she loves it.  Her dress was strapless and it really emphasized her figure.

"Come on Persephone, we need to find a dress for you," "It doesn't matter, whatever you choose, you know I don't care."  She looked at me angrily, even looking like she was ready to kill me.  Sometimes it scares me a lot.

She went somewhere and left me sitting in the store I'm guessing she went to find my dress .  I really do not understand why it is such a big deal, a dress like a dress it's nothing special.  I don't even like them that much.

Half an hour later I see her coming back and dragging the most beautiful sapphire dress. The shade of dress was madium dark tone, slightly grayish, very slightly violet blue."And I thought you would like it," she said with a giggle.

After shopping she drove me home, talking about the beauty sleep.  I didn't quite understand her.

Immediately after entering the apartment, I went to take a shower and go to bed.  Shopping with Scarlett was like a marathon.  After taking a shower, I put on my pajamas and crawled into bed.  How tired I was I immediately fell asleep.  Just like the night before, I dreamed of Maximiliano's crystal gray eyes.