Chapter 4

I heard something ringing, but I couldn't figure out what.  Reluctantly, I opened my eyes to see where that sound came from, which made my head ache.  Turns out my phone was ringing and Scarlett was calling me.

"Please Scarlett?", "I see you're awake, I'm coming to get ready for tonight",I sighed and looked at my watch."Scarlett is only 10:35 enough time to get ready for tonight," "So what? It's not a crime that I want us to look beautiful tonight at the ball," "Come well whenever you want, the door is unlocked", "I'll be there in 30 minutes".

I already feel like this is going to be a long day, longer than yesterday when we were buying dresses for tonight.  I sighed and got up to take a shower so Scarlett wouldn't bother me about it later.  After I showered, washed my hair and shaved it thoroughly, I applied a body cream.  And I just have to tame my wild hair.

As I was nearing the end of straightening my hair, I heard Scarlett enter my apartment,"Persephone!","Don't yell Scarlett, I'm up here in my room." As she was climbing the stairs to my room, I took and pulled on a large T-shirt that was very soft.

"I see you've taken a shower, we can start preparing for tonight."  Already, my head was hurting and my stomach was making a sound of protest. "There is none of that preparation until I have some coffee and eat something," "But Persephone we won't get ready in time for the ball," "We will so don't worry to much. You want some coffee or something to eat? "

She was thinking, "Maybe coffee. I won't eat because I ate on the way to you."  I just nodded and walked through the kitchen.  I didn't want something hard for breakfast so I took two pieces of toast and put some jam on top and made coffee for me and Scarlett.  As I ate Scarlett came and took her cup of coffee and went to my room, but as she was going she was mumbling.  I didn't hear what she said because my thoughts were already on Maximiliano,I don't know why, but lately I can't get him out of my head.  There is so much mystery about him, I would never say that he is actually a king.  But when I think a little better, as he sat next to me, there was some powerful energy around him.  I just don't know, it seems to me like an overly rude person who is incapable of having emotions.  But you should not judge the book by its cover.

"Come on Persephone, I need to put on your makeup and style your hair."  I jumped at her voice.  I really need to stop this spacing out.  What's happening to me, I don't even know the man and I'm thinking about him.  "Here I go, but don't make me a clown. You know I don't like makeup too much."

She looked at me in shock. "I feel hurt, you thought something like that, don't worry, I know, just leave it to me."  She looked at me sarcastically and, giggling, took my hand and led me to the room.  I sat in front of the mirror and just gave in to her, I don't have the strength to oppose her.  I know she always does something like that with the best of intentions.

Scarlett was really always a cheerful person, always ready for some crazy adventures.  I’ve never seen her be angry about something in all these years we’ve been hanging out, and she would always tell me “Who knows what it’s good for”.  If it weren't for her who always dragged me somewhere with her, it doesn't matter if it was a party or just a gathering, she always tried to put a smile on my face and if it wasn't for her who knows where I would end up right now.

"I'm done you can take a look."  I turned to the mirror and was shocked, the hair falling around my head in beautiful and long curls.  As for the make-up, I can see that she put various shades of blue on me, which is surprising, it didn't look so striking at all, but just the way it should be.  I was thrilled, "Thanks Scarlett, I like it" she just smiled confidently "Well of course and you doubted me".  She looked at me seriously with her eyebrows raised, but in the end we both burst out laughing.

"Come on, get dressed until I put on my make-up. And I called a limo to pick us up at 7:00 because we need an hour from you to get there," "Okay, I'm going, but you didn't have to call a limo," "Of course I had to, I want to show up with style when we get there ”.  I just looked at her and rolled my eyes and went to the bed where my dress was.

The dress is really beautiful, it’s not something I would personally take for myself but it is really breathtaking.  It looks like it was made for me, off the shoulder, it’s big but not like Scarlett’s.  It has precious stones in it and highlights my little waist.  I'm not sure what material was used to make this dress, but the fabric is so soft under my touch, like silk as if it were.  On the other hand, I left it to my friend to choose a mask for me tonight.  The mask is silver with little sapphire stones.

I wore a dress and heels that were silver and very uncomfortable.  I can already see that by the end of the evening my feet will hurt and I will go barefoot.  Okay so the dress is long and then it won't show when I take them off.  "Scarlett, I don't know why you took these heels out for me when you know how uncomfortable they are," "Because they go well with your dress and I know you'll be going home barefoot by the end of the night."  I laughed at that because she knows me so well.

Scarlett went to put on her dress because she wants us to take pictures for some of her albums.  I looked at my watch and it was 6:45 pm, a limousine would arrive soon.  At the very thought of leaving when we were little, butterflies appeared in my stomach.  I know he will be there, but whether he will be alone or with an escort.  As I thought about it, I felt a slight pain in my heart.

Scarlett looked beautiful tonight.  She had various shades of pink eye shadow and nude lipstick, unlike me because I only had lip gloss.  As for her hairstyle, she had a low bun.  Her dress is big, when I say big I mean big like the ones in Disney movies.  By itself she had all sorts of shades of pink crystals, glitter.  Her dress is tulle, as far as the mask is concerned, her mask is golden, just like shoes and a purse. "You look beautiful, Scarlett," she blushed at my compliment, "Thank you, Persephone, and you look divine."  After we took some pictures it was time to go.

As we passed the streets of London and approached One Mayfair my heart was pounding and my palms were sweating as I was getting nervous.  There will be a lot of people tonight, and big gatherings scare me and make me anxious.  Unlike me Scarlett was jumping from joy and was ready for a good time.  It was also the difference between me and her, she was a social butterfly and while I was poking my nose into a book.

"What do you think Persephone?"  I jerked my head in her direction, "What did you say, I didn't hear?"  , "I asked, do you think Valerio will be at the ball tonight," "Since the ball is in their honor, he will certainly be there."

"I would like for him to ask me to dancing."  She said a little thoughtfully, it was obvious that she was a little in love with him.  "I'm sure he will, look at you, your beautiful."

She started to answer me but the driver of the limo interrupted her.  "Miss, we've arrived."  She squealed and started pulling on my arm so we could get out.

When we set foot in One Mayfair I was out of breath.  The space is decorated with various flowers, in various colors, candles, torches and in various other decorations.  Everyone who came was enchantingly beautiful, the girls wore beautiful dresses in various colors, and the masks themselves were full of splendor.  Some were plain, some with feathers and pearls and some with diamonds, and the men were dressed in a classic black suit with black masks.  But I couldn't help but notice that there is a lot of security, it must be because of Maximilian.

As I admired the beautiful decorations, I felt him before I saw him.  As I turned to look at him, my heart skips a beat.