VII

Previously

"Kaito?"

Lucia stood still in shock, both her and Kaito's eyes wide. Kaito moved first, walking closer to her, getting faster with every step until he finally reached her and embraced her in his arms.

"I'm so sorry, please forgive me," He whispered as he held her close. Lucia, with just a seconds hesitance, hugged him back, her grip on him tightening with each passing second. Tears started to well up in her eyes, spilling over even though she didn't want to cry. She was better than that; she'd already cried so many times for him. She'd already cried and sobbed and screamed for him, so why couldn't she stop?

As Kaito felt his shirt get damp with her tears, he raised one hand, so it pressed the back of her head closer to his shoulder, hugging her as close to his chest as possible.

"I'm so so sorry, Lucia," He repeated after she'd calmed down a little. "I don't remember everything yet, just bits and pieces, like your birthday when you left, and the festival, but I remember enough to know I probably hurt you really badly with the way I was behaving."

"Please, give me one more chance." He whispered in her ear, before pulling away slightly and looking her in the eyes, showing how earnest he was.

Lucia was torn. She loved Kaito, she probably always would, but she didn't want to hurt Ryuu either. He was her best friend, always had been. She turned around, looking at Ryuu, trying to see what he wanted.

Ryuu smiled at her, giving her a small nod as a go-ahead, and tears welled up in her eyes again. She didn't deserve someone like Ryuu as a friend. He was too good for her. She turned back, took a deep breath, and said,

"Okay,"

A wide smile broke out on Kaito's face, thanking her over and over. "But," She said, cutting him off, ignoring how his face fell slightly. "I'm not ready to go back to school yet. Do you mind if we just meet up a few times a week to begin with?" 

Kaito bit his lip, not quite liking the idea but he couldn't refuse either since she was the one giving him a second chance.

So, he took a deep breath and nodded. "Yeah,"

Alright, I know this is really short and I'm really sorry. I don't know why I'm torturing Ryuu like this, probably because it's fun. Also, I'm gonna try and make their relationship at least sort of realistic but my only source material is other fanfics so I don't know how well it'll go.