6 - back to you

bakugo was lying on his back, arms folded over his stomach, ankles crossed. his temporary room was huge, which was no surprise. he kept the candles off, enjoying the way the moonlight filled the entire room. it reminded him of kirishima, who would gaze out of the window of bakugos room all the time. he would always wonder what kirishima was thinking. he now wondered the same, was eijiro thinking of him too? what? why does that matter. subject change.

that midoriya kid said he recognized me right away? i don't remember hearing anything about another beast slayer tagging along. then the memory hit him, oh, right! he remembered meeting midoriya once when he was younger. that was when his mother was the second strongest beast slayer after all might, before all might retired. midoriya was alongside all might. why though...? he isn't his son is he? can't bethere isn't a resemblance.

knock knock

"what is it?" bakugo asked.

"it's me,"

"who's me,"

"midoriya izuku," he said, taking a step into the other boys room.

speak of the devil!

upon opening the door a bit, a snow leopard-like beast hopped into the room. "ochako, hey!" the boy called out to the small leopard with antlers. she turned to look at midoriya letting out a cats chirp. "sorry, she's really eager," ochako bouncily walked over to katsuki who placed a hand onto her soft head.

"sup," he said, looking down at the cat. midoriya let out a small laugh at his greeting.

"yeah, she's forcing me to take her to meet everyone," he said in light voice.

"you can understand her?" bakugo asked, curious as to whether ochako shifted in front of the boy. although beasts shifting in front of people was forbidden, it wasn't uncommon, it was just that no one talked about it.

"um! well, i just know her so well!" he proclaimed, quickly trying to cover his tracks. "she was pawing at the door!" he added. it was obvious ochako talked to him in her human form. ochako looked between midoriya and bakugo almost as if she were nervous after their exchange. she walked back over to midoriya and out of the door. "onto the next person, i guess!" he laughed. he then paused, raising a hand to his chin, "wait," he said, "why don't you have a beast with you?" he asked, "you're my age aren't you?"

"nunya,"

"huh?"

"none of your business, deku!"

"deku?" midoriya huffed, "you're either a really good actor or a huge asshole,"

"what?"

"nothing! goodnight!"

"tch." bakugo got up after midoriya left and locked the door so no one else could disturb him. he walked over to the window closest to his bed and opened it up for fresh air. he inhaled the night air deeply then exhaled.

*

later that night

bakugo couldn't sleep. per usual. he laid awake, staring at the ceiling. he thought of how the next few months might go and how he'd cope without kirishima or camie. at least denki would be there.

psh psh pff

bakugo heard the sound of leaves rustling outside his window, he shot up. ei?

pbt pff psh

he was accustomed to the noise of rustling leaves and branches outside of his window, due to the dragons constant coming and going. it was only natural that his first assumption would be that kirishima had found him and was going to climb in like any other day.