Hammerhead 1

Meanwhile, up in the skies. "This is Hammerhead-1 approaching the landing zone," said Bigbird from the cockpit of his well kept Huey. "Copy that Hammerhead-1, we'll see you back here in five." Came the reply from the radio. Bigbird was heading back to HQ to pick up a unit of soldiers. Moments later he landed and waited as a team of five loaded into his helicopter. "Where are you headed?" Asked Bigbird, not to anyone specific. Bert stuck his head through to the front of the helicopter and informed Bigbird of the location with the help of a map. Bert settled into his seat in the helicopter as Bigbird turned on the engines. As the rotors began to spin, the squad of Bert, Ernie, Scooter and Samusé were deafened.

Bert signalled Ernie for a sheet of paper with his hands. Bert flattened it as Ernie passed him a pencil. Bert began drawing a low detail map. On it was the base they were raiding, the landing zone and the squad's positions. As Bert leaned back in his chair he felt a headset pressing into his back. He put the headset on his head and over his ears and he said to the crew "Did HQ tell you about the reassignment?" Asked Bert to the Pilot. "Yes. We're supposed to provide you with air support and extraction." Said Bigbird. "Good." Said Bert. The team waited patiently for the helicopter to arrive. As it hovered over the landing zone the team prepared to exit the helicopter. They had to walk five kilometres to reach the base where they would meet with the USMC. As the helicopter touched the ground, Scooter opened the left side door allowing Ernie to exit. As Ernie hopped the thirty centimetres it took to reach the ground, Scooter passed him his radio pack. Samusé left the helicopter after Ernie, making sure not to get the straps of his medic bag caught on anything. Bert slowly began to exit the helicopter and Scooter followed him. Bert gave a thumbs up to Bigbird. The helicopter flew away from the team as they gathered. Bert began walking with his M16 in his hands. 

The rest of the team began moving with their weapons out. An hour later, Samusé tapped Bert's soldier and pointed through the dense jungle. In between two trees, Bert could see a village full of soldiers. "NVA." Whispered Scooter. "We could take 'em." "Too risky. Your call Bert." Whispered Ernie. Bert started to walk away from the village until he saw civilians being thrown on the ground in the middle of the village. "Scooter, take up a sniper position on that hill." Bert pointed to a nearby hill. "Ernie, tell HQ and take a position between those two rocks." Bert pointed to a cluster of rocks. "You're with me Samusé." Said Bert. Then, the team moved to their positions around the village.